Would it be possible to hold a Sukey Hackday this Sunday?

samthetechie

May 25, 2011, 9:35:26 AM5/25/11
to London Hackspace
Dear all,
development of Sukey is opening up and gathering momentum. We talked
at OpenTech recently and have been lucky to have several more
developers joining the team in the last month.
We have a Google Group: http://groups.google.com/group/sukey-dev/

And this is what we have currently got on Github:
https://github.com/Sukey
https://github.com/SukeyHackday

We also have loads of code tied up on the server which needs to be
isolated and cleaned up so it can be more easily redeployed.

I wanted to get a bit of group consensus on being able to use the
quiet room on Sunday to invite hackspace members, mobile devs and
translators who have volunteered to help us to try and work towards
deploying a version of Sukey to help the people in Spain.

Kindest Regards,

Sam

Sam Cook

May 25, 2011, 9:41:11 AM5/25/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Hey Sam,

Any idea of how much of the space you'll need?

Also can you try to give more notice so it's easier for people to plan around.

Cheers,

PS personally I don't mind as I won't be around the space on Sunday, I don't know about anyone else though.

samthetechie

May 25, 2011, 10:03:50 AM5/25/11
to London Hackspace
Hey Sam, thanks for the 'yay'.

In terms of space it really depends on how many devs I can get down.
It is not really going to be that big- maybe 6 people if we are lucky.

We will try not to sprawl much beyond 3 or 4 tables in total but I
mean it is just a group of people with laptops and the same idea
(those that are attending who are not already members will be
seriously evangelised to sign up, as is my custom :) Also it is really
important to me that all the other members feel they can go about
their normal business on Sunday. And there should be a few lovely
Spanish speakers there so I am hoping there will be some nice
exchanges so everyone should be dusting off their Spanish.

The event does not require exclusive use of any particular part of the
hackspace. There may be 3 or 4 new faces at the space is all.

Sam

On May 25, 2:41 pm, Sam Cook <sam.lindenrat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Sam,
>
> Any idea of how much of the space you'll need?
>
> Also can you try to give more notice so it's easier for people to plan
> around.
>
> Cheers,

> PS personally I don't mind as I won't be around the space on Sunday, I don't
> know about anyone else though.

Sam Cook

May 25, 2011, 10:14:13 AM5/25/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
The event does not require exclusive use of any particular part of the
hackspace. There may be 3 or 4 new faces at the space is all.

That's cool, I was more trying to gauge whether it was a "we'll need the quiet room for a bit" or a "there will be hundreds of us we're taking over the entire business centre" style thing ;)

I've added it to the events calendar from 11:00 till 16:00. Hope that's ok

samthetechie

May 25, 2011, 10:17:59 AM5/25/11
to London Hackspace
Thats very kind, thanks Sam. I may adjust the times accordingly once I
gauge when the devs will be free.

Sam