Calling all Wet Lab enthusiasts....

cepm...@yahoo.co.uk

Sep 8, 2011, 8:50:51 PM9/8/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, london-hack-spac...@googlegroups.com
The wet lab benches are nearly finished, the enlarger bench is cut to
size/shape and fixed in place. The only remaining task is to finalise the
dimensions of the other two benches and cut/fix them. They will also
require rubbing down and a nice coat of varnish applied.

The sink should be the type that is placed in a cutout in the bench. Is
there a sink available already, or must we find one?

I shall be in the space for most of the weekend.

Phil

" et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos. "

Alex Pounds

Sep 10, 2011, 7:43:20 AM9/10/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, london-h...@googlegroups.com, london-hack-spac...@googlegroups.com
On 9 Sep 2011, at 01:50, cepm...@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> The wet lab benches are nearly finished, the enlarger bench is cut to size/shape and fixed in place. The only remaining task is to finalise the dimensions of the other two benches and cut/fix them. They will also require rubbing down and a nice coat of varnish applied.
>
> The sink should be the type that is placed in a cutout in the bench. Is there a sink available already, or must we find one?

Hello!

That's awesome news. As mentioned last time we spoke, I'm currently spending my time looking for a flat and haven't been able to get to the Space. Are the benches matching the floor plan on the wiki, or has one been added?

As far as I know we don't have a sink available, and should probably pledge to get one. It'd be nice to get a lab-style sink, with a high tap and low bottom (for ease of filling measuring jugs), and with a tap that makes it easy to attach rubber hose to. I can do some research on this early next week, but if someone wants to have a trawl around eBay etc. this weekend feel free. :)

I think there was a message recently about whether we're ready to start kitting out the room - I think the answer is "No." Please don't bring in equipment for the room just yet - let's get the infrastructure in place first. The benches are an awesome start, but we still need to sort out power, ventilation, and shelving before we bring the equipment in.

Best wishes,

Alex.

Nicholas FitzRoy-Dale

Sep 10, 2011, 7:48:48 AM9/10/11

10 sep 2011 kl. 12:43 skrev Alex Pounds:
> As far as I know we don't have a sink available, and should probably pledge to get one.

Actually I think the sink which was originally in the room is still around, perhaps on the outside area out the "back door".

A lab sink would definitely be nicer, though.

Nicholas