Etch tank

Adrian Godwin

Mar 29, 2011, 9:08:13 PM3/29/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
The etch tank is now fully plumbed for cold water and waste. It seems to be leak-free but please keep an eye on it in case I've done something badly. this means that you can now use the sink (cold tap only is connected at present) and the spray washes. In particular, when you lift the etch tank basket you can just drop it into the wash to the right and rinse the etchant off.

SO PLEASE DON'T DRIP FERRIC CHLORIDE ALL OVER THE TOP ! I know it's never going to look pretty but it can be kept reasonably clean with a little effort.

I have reassembled the bubbler and it seems to be working so I won't replace it immediately - but I will collect parts for a neat replacement in the future.

The etch tank currently has water in it again, to check for leaks. Please don't replace immediately - give it a little while to check for leaks, heat and bubble it, then leave it another 24 hours and check again for leaks. I have cleaned up the spilled etchant inside the cupboard so any patches of water or other chemicals will indicate a problem.

There is a jug of some liquid in the cupboard (not the etchant bucket - another jug). Does anyone know what it is ? If so, can you either empty it or label it please ? If it's unused chemical for topping up, a closed bottle would be worthwhile.

-adrian

(with thanks to Phish for his assistance).

Russ Garrett

Mar 29, 2011, 9:18:06 PM3/29/11
On 30 March 2011 02:08, Adrian Godwin <artg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The etch tank is now fully plumbed for cold water and waste.

I think everyone should thank Adrian and Phish for their hard work
while we were schmoozing tonight. It's a great job. Adrian is due more
than his fair share of kudos.

Hopefully it won't leak tonight, and hopefully the new mill/lathe will
arrive tomorrow.

To excellence!

--
Russ Garrett
ru...@garrett.co.uk

Charles Yarnold

Mar 29, 2011, 9:23:21 PM3/29/11
On 30 March 2011 02:18, Russ Garrett <ru...@garrett.co.uk> wrote:
I think everyone should thank Adrian and Phish for their hard work
while we were schmoozing tonight. It's a great job. Adrian is due more
than his fair share of kudos.

Indeed, well done chaps!

Sol

Elliot West

Mar 30, 2011, 2:44:44 AM3/30/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
On 30 March 2011 02:18, Russ Garrett <ru...@garrett.co.uk> wrote:
I think everyone should thank Adrian and Phish for their hard work
while we were schmoozing tonight. It's a great job. Adrian is due more
than his fair share of kudos.

Agreed - most excellent - thank you both!

spooq

Mar 30, 2011, 5:15:38 AM3/30/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Good job to all those who make it possible to make.

Luke