Top please

elyob

Aug 24, 2011, 3:47:31 PM8/24/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Just my vote.

Oh, whats the question. The old age question. Top or bottom posting.

Ta

Alec Wright

Aug 24, 2011, 3:50:48 PM8/24/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Let's not start a flame war...

signature.asc

Robert Leverington

Aug 24, 2011, 3:51:42 PM8/24/11
On 2011-08-24, elyob wrote:
> Just my vote.
>
> Oh, whats the question. The old age question. Top or bottom posting.

I'm not sure this mailing list, which goes to over 1000 people, is the
best place to discuss such a banal and polarised issue.

Robert

Monty

Aug 24, 2011, 4:01:59 PM8/24/11
to London Hackspace
Does it really matter if someone top or
bottom posts if you use a decent reader?

Chris Bannister

Aug 24, 2011, 5:06:37 PM8/24/11
On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 08:51:42PM +0100, Robert Leverington wrote:

> I'm not sure this mailing list, which goes to over 1000 people, is the
> best place to discuss such a banal and polarised issue.

Well said.

As long as it's readable, I don't think it matters for this list.

Just no HTML only mail please! :)

--
Chris Bannister
msn/jabber/email: ch...@suddenmoves.org.uk

signature.asc

Nigel Worsley

Aug 24, 2011, 5:30:32 PM8/24/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
> I'm not sure this mailing list, which goes to over 1000 people, is the
> best place to discuss such a banal and polarised issue.

True, although I prefer bottom posting I don't much mind top posting as long as it is clear what it is a reply to.

What REALLY annoys me are the lazy shitheads that quote an entire digest or discussion just to add a 'me
too' comment at the top or bottom - it is usually impossible to know what they are replying to.

I don't understand why some people insist on signing everything either, but I can live with that.

Nigle

Chris Bannister

Aug 24, 2011, 5:35:59 PM8/24/11
On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 10:30:32PM +0100, Nigel Worsley wrote:

> I don't understand why some people insist on signing everything
> either, but I can live with that.

In my case, simply forgetting to turn it off. Personal email tends to
get signed, mailing list stuff shouldn't. I'm sure there is some
clever way of telling mutt to not sign the mailing list stuff
automatically... but I'm not that clever.

elyob

Aug 24, 2011, 7:12:30 PM8/24/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, london-h...@googlegroups.com

Woops.

Cepmender

Aug 24, 2011, 9:59:17 PM8/24/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Is there a dedicated mailing list for discussion of this topic?

danny staple

Aug 25, 2011, 8:52:14 AM8/25/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
/dev/null perhaps?