Cremer St is getting a new door entry system (?)

Martin Dittus

Jun 21, 2011, 8:43:56 PM6/21/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Haven't seen this mentioned on the list and thought it's worth bringing up, just saw it when I left the space earlier tonight.

There's a letter by Workspace Group posted on our pinboard that announces a new door entry system with access codes, to be set up on the main gate (iirc.) During the day from 7am-7pm visitors will be able to get in as usual, or the doorman/security guy can let them in; from 7pm access will only be possible with a door code.

Sorry for the lack of specifics, I forgot to make a note of the schedule for this or any other details. Mostly just wanted to make sure this has some visibility.

They state that this is to increase security; from our perspective it might end up being quite inconvenient.

m.

Sam Cook

Jun 21, 2011, 10:38:12 PM6/21/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
It depends on what there rules for it are; which we should probably find out.

If it's being done more as a logging procedure than anything else we should be ok if we get a HS number and they don't mind us giving it out. If we all need to be registered then it's going to be tricky, but mainly a logistical problem. If they're going to limit the number of uses or something then it's going to be a real ball ache.

Hopefully we'll be able to sort something where by we can at least pick people up from the main gates after hours....

Robert Leverington

Jun 22, 2011, 2:40:24 AM6/22/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Can anyone in the space scan the letter in and upload it to the mailing
list?

It sounds like however this is implemented, it will be quite a pain for
evening events.

Robert

Sam Cook

Jun 22, 2011, 2:59:48 AM6/22/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Hmmmm; guess we'll have to get to know the guards a little better and talk to them. Until we know what the letter actually says and what they're proposing it's going to be tricky to sort out.

Clare Greenhalgh

Jun 22, 2011, 3:14:28 AM6/22/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

I am happy to chat to the guards about it. Don't know them well but always say hi or bye etc... should I ask for you? Will obviously wait until I have an answer from you all before I do!

Sam Cook

Jun 22, 2011, 3:24:13 AM6/22/11
On 22 June 2011 16:14, Clare Greenhalgh <claregr...@gmail.com> wrote:

I am happy to chat to the guards about it. Don't know them well but always say hi or bye etc... should I ask for you? Will obviously wait until I have an answer from you all before I do

I think it's not worth worrying about until we know what the new arrangement is going to be. It's probably best to go through official channels that way as at least then we're more likely to know exactly what's being implemented and have someone we can turn to and go "you said X"