Curating the wiki

Mark Steward

Nov 21, 2011, 7:05:25 AM11/21/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Some retarded SEO companies enjoy spamming wikis like ours with links to their sites.  This is pointless, as all wiki links are rel=nofollow, but you can't stop stupid.

A few of us patrol every change on the wiki, weeding out spam and deleting spammers, and it would be greatly appreciated if anyone felt like joining in.  I've seen a few helpful people noticing spam lately, but the first instinct is to replace the pages with different text, which is wasted effort.  A wiki is an odd beast, so I've put instructions on how to properly block spam on the wiki[1].

Another thing that would be awesome is if people could periodically have a look around the wiki for pages that are out of date, or not linked from where you'd expect.  You could also put interesting updates in the News[2] page - it'd be nice to start that back up again.

Cheers,
Mark

Nov 21, 2011, 7:07:31 AM11/21/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com