[lojban] Official parser bug: li revo .a li pare

1 view

Robin Lee Powell

Apr 6, 2004, 9:48:39 PM4/6/04
to lojba...@lojban.org
The official parser does not appear to accept eks, of any form, between
'li' sumti:

li revo .a li pare
Last good construct was: quantifier_300

This includes 'ji'. I don't have the time now to investigate why.

Adding 'ku' did not help, nor did boi.

-Robin

--
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
"Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple

Robin Lee Powell

Apr 7, 2004, 1:03:09 PM4/7/04
to lojba...@lojban.org
On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 07:49:53AM -0400, Bob LeChevalier wrote:
> At 07:04 PM 4/6/04 -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> >On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 06:48:39PM -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> > > The official parser does not appear to accept eks, of any form,
> > > between 'li' sumti:
> > >
> > > li revo .a li pare
> > > Last good construct was: quantifier_300
> > >
> > > This includes 'ji'. I don't have the time now to investigate why.
> > >
> > > Adding 'ku' did not help, nor did boi.
> >
> >But "li revo lo'o .a li pare" works. jbofihe doesn't seem to need
> >it, though.
>
> It should, I think.
> With "li revo .a li pare", it appears like it should take LR(2) to
> look past the .a to see the "li", and know that we aren't trying "li
> revo .a pare"

Sure, except that the elidable terminators aren't LR(1), or LR(inf) for
that matter.

It's probably just a matter of having a slightly smarter elidable
terminator insert in jbofihe's case, because it *is* inserting lo'o
there.

My parser works utterly differently, of course.

Bob LeChevalier

Apr 7, 2004, 7:49:53 AM4/7/04
to loj...@yahoogroups.com
At 07:04 PM 4/6/04 -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
>On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 06:48:39PM -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> > The official parser does not appear to accept eks, of any form,
> > between 'li' sumti:
> >
> > li revo .a li pare
> > Last good construct was: quantifier_300
> >
> > This includes 'ji'. I don't have the time now to investigate why.
> >
> > Adding 'ku' did not help, nor did boi.
>
>But "li revo lo'o .a li pare" works. jbofihe doesn't seem to need it,
>though.

It should, I think.
With "li revo .a li pare", it appears like it should take LR(2) to look
past the .a to see the "li", and know that we aren't trying "li revo .a pare"

lojbab

--
lojbab loj...@lojban.org
Bob LeChevalier, Founder, The Logical Language Group

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/GSaulB/TM

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Robin Lee Powell