Overcoming the small hurdles

Tim Davies

May 31, 2009, 9:17:16 AM5/31/09
to LocalGovCamp
I'd be interested in convening some sort of session based around the
'50 Hurdles of Open Government' I posted a while back:

http://www.timdavies.org.uk/2009/04/22/opengov-one-big-challenge-or-a-thousand-small-hurdles/

and it's associated wiki at:

http://www.practicalparticipation.co.uk/wiki/socialstrategy:start

It could either be a discussion, or, preferably, a wiki-editing and
idea-sharing session to see if 30 minutes is enough time for us to
work out how to overcome all those little barriers that hold back both
the JFDI and strategic approaches to using new technologies in local
government.

---

If there was interest I could also offer a session to share some of
the learning from an Action Learning Set I've been working on over the
last six-months exploring the use of social networking in youth
participation. More on that here: http://www.networkedparticipation.co.uk

Dave Briggs

May 31, 2009, 9:20:36 AM5/31/09
to localg...@googlegroups.com
Tim - great idea!

Just a quick note - sessions will be 45 minutes long at LocalGovCamp,
so you'll an extra 15 minutes for wiki editing ;-)

Also, I'm sure there will be a lot of interest in the youth
participation action learning set.

Dave
--
Dave Briggs, Digital Enabler
d...@vebrig.gs | http://davepress.net | 07525 209589 (Mobile)

Sign up for my monthly digital participation newsletter at
http://davepress.net/newsletter

Paul Evans

Jun 14, 2009, 8:36:58 PM6/14/09
to LocalGovCamp
Tim - I think that the perfect can sometimes be the enemy of the good
- your Wiki is very good already - by all means ask for help to make
it better, but there's also a strong case for looking at how it can be
the basis of a campaign - how it can be acknowledged as a problem and
taken forward. The idea of getting a lot of help dealing with small
veto groups is a strong one I think?