Reference to specific pages? "Go To"

Alaina

Oct 6, 2008, 11:37:16 AM10/6/08
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
Hi,

I'm new to LiveCycle and scripting, etc and am trying to move a
Performance Review form out of Excel and into an Adobe form using LC 8/
Adobe Pro 9.

In our excel forms, there were 'tabs' across the top that were
basically buttons that, when clicked, navigated to a specific page.

In Live Cycle, I'm replicating the tabbed look and want to add the
same functionality. I'd like to navigate to a specific page and/or a
subform or form element. I cant find any script references for
this...any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks!

Bob Bailey

Oct 6, 2008, 11:49:28 AM10/6/08
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
You should be able to navigate using script like this:

First Page xfa.host.currentPage=0;
Page Up xfa.host.pageUp();
Page Down xfa.host.pageDown();
Last Page xfa.host.currentPage = xfa.host.numPages - 1;

You can set xfa.host.currentPage to the page you want to go to (zero
based index).

Bob

Duane Nickull

Oct 6, 2008, 12:03:58 PM10/6/08
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
From experience – if you do this, you might want to explicitly set the initialized view to how you want the form to open.  Otherwise, some versions of PDF open it up to the last known view.  This may or may not be a good thing depending on your purpose.

Senior Technical Evangelist - Adobe Systems, Inc.
Duane's World TV Show - http://tv.adobe.com/#pg+1537
Blog - http://technoracle.blogspot.com
Community Music - http://www.mix2r.com
My Band - http://www.myspace.com/22ndcentury

Alaina

Oct 6, 2008, 1:05:50 PM10/6/08
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
Thanks, everyone - this is very helpful.

Duane, thats my second post/question...so, very timely. I'd like to
set the initial view to open at a specific % zoom with single page
continuous scrolling and opening to page 0. How would I go about
doing that?

On Oct 6, 12:03 pm, Duane Nickull <dnick...@adobe.com> wrote:
> From experience ­ if you do this, you might want to explicitly set the
> initialized view to how you want the form to open. Otherwise, some versions
> of PDF open it up to the last known view. This may or may not be a good
> thing depending on your purpose.

Bob Bailey

Oct 6, 2008, 2:27:11 PM10/6/08
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
I just put the following in the click of a button and it did zoom the
page. You can try this script.

var myDoc = event.target;
myDoc.zoom=200

I got this info from the Acrobat Javascript API reference. This is
useful to have when you are trying to do things with Acrobat that I
can't necessarily do with Designer "out of the box".
You can download it from http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/javascript.html

Bob

Duane Nickull

Oct 6, 2008, 5:29:08 PM10/6/08
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
You can do some of it in Acrobat Pro (when you save there are options) but it is best to programmatically do this.  If you check out the document API there are lots of properties you can set for views.

This doc has a lot of good info.

www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/js_api_reference.pdf

Duane Nickull

Oct 7, 2008, 10:50:09 AM10/7/08