Is it possible to have an expanding field IN a text block

Kevin Jackson

Mar 24, 2010, 1:03:25 PM3/24/10
to live...@googlegroups.com
Hopefully this will make sense.

I have a student who would like to have a field in the middle of a
text block (an agreement form) where the client can fill in a business
name and have the field flow to wrap the content to the next line for
all of the boilerplate as necessary.

Any ideas?

And since Angie will likely be reading this---Hi Angie! Miss you guys
and Licorice International :-)

--
Kevin Jackson
tris...@gmail.com

Angie Okamoto

Mar 24, 2010, 1:11:13 PM3/24/10
to live...@googlegroups.com
Hey Kevin,
Yes, you can put a field in a text block.  They are called floating fields.
You just need the data input available to that field from another location (since the user will not be able to enter in the text block).  I frequently add the field in another section of the form, then when they are finished filling it in - populate the paragraph.
Place the cursor where you want the data, right click and insert a floating field.

Hope you are doing well.
Angie

Angie Okamoto

Falor, Brian

Mar 24, 2010, 1:42:21 PM3/24/10
to live...@googlegroups.com
This one made me a little curious to see if something feasible could be put together like this. Figured it would be easier to simply give you the pdf than to try to explain it, so it is attached. See if something like this will work for you. Simply click into the underlined area and fill in the rest. If this works for you, you should be able to play with this file to make it work the way you want.

_____________________________________
Brian Falor | GES Intellikit Developer

Main 702.515.5500   |  Fax 702.515.5953
Direct 702.515.5986 |  Mobile 702.576.4958

www.ges.com | bfa...@ges.com

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: This e-mail transmission (and the attachments, if any, accompanying it) may contain confidential information. The information is intended only for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any forwarding, disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Any unauthorized interception of this transmission is illegal under the law. If you have received this transmission in error, please promptly notify the sender by reply e-mail, and then destroy all copies of the transmission.
addtext_test.xdp

Falor, Brian

Mar 24, 2010, 1:46:13 PM3/24/10
to live...@googlegroups.com
Oops, I think I sent over the xdp by mistake. Anyway, here is the pdf.

_____________________________________
Brian Falor | GES Intellikit Developer

Main 702.515.5500   |  Fax 702.515.5953
Direct 702.515.5986 |  Mobile 702.576.4958

www.ges.com | bfa...@ges.com

Mar 24, 2010, 4:22:25 PM3/24/10
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
Hey that's an interesting way to do it Brian.

We've got a bunch of forms on the go right now that need the same
thing, so what we did was break up the text blocks with text fields in-
between in a flowed subform. Luckily the text following the fields is
pretty short so we don't have to worry about text wrapping badly too
much. ;)

Hopefully Adobe will add this functionality at some point - a lot of
people could use it!

On Mar 24, 10:42 am, "Falor, Brian" <BFa...@ges.com> wrote:
> This one made me a little curious to see if something feasible could be put together like this.  Figured it would be easier to simply give you the pdf than to try to explain it, so it is attached.  See if something like this will work for you.  Simply click into the underlined area and fill in the rest.  If this works for you, you should be able to play with this file to make it work the way you want.
>
> _____________________________________
> Brian Falor | GES Intellikit Developer
>
> Main 702.515.5500   |  Fax 702.515.5953
> Direct 702.515.5986 |  Mobile 702.576.4958
>
> www.ges.com| bfa...@ges.com

Duane Nickull

Mar 25, 2010, 6:43:52 PM3/25/10
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
Very cool Brian!

Raf Hofmans

Apr 16, 2010, 5:15:08 AM4/16/10
to live...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Have a look at this sample PDF, I think it's exactly what you need:

For more info, check J. Brinkman's blog: http://blogs.adobe.com/formfeed/2009/10/editable_floating_fields.html . I hope this input is usefull for your project.

Regards,

Tarek Faham

Apr 16, 2010, 9:29:11 AM4/16/10
to live...@googlegroups.com
This is really a very good question. It was of a great value to me.

Thank you all.

Tarek.