Binding a webservice to Repeating Subforms

Michael Deiß

Jul 14, 2009, 7:41:34 AM7/14/09
to live...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

I have a table with repeating rows. The rows are  added/removed based on user interaction.

Simplified the table has three columns:

1. Value sent with the request to the Web Service

2. Value get in the response of the Web Service

3. The execute button for the Web Service

To create this form I used the standard way. Created the table, created the data connection and bound the web service to the form by drag and drop.

Here are my problems:

a) Independently what button has been clicked always the value of the last row is sent in the request

b) Independently what button has been clicked the cell in all rows is filled with the value of the response

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Prasad S

Jul 14, 2009, 9:39:06 AM7/14/09
to live...@googlegroups.com

Hi Michael,

What response do you get as webservice response, multiple rows of table data? Do you have sample webservice response?

The form must be reader extended in order to execute the webservice.

Not clear with the request and response.Can you please provide more details.If possible attach the sample form.

Thanks,
Prasad

Michael Deiß

Jul 14, 2009, 10:15:54 AM7/14/09
to live...@googlegroups.com

Hi Prasad,

our web services are not available outside. I have “developed” an example form and attached it.

a) Always the From Currency choice of the last row is taken

b) If you click any button in the table, all rows are effected (not only one as expected)

Tahnks,

Michael

WS Test.xdp

hemen.kapadia

Jul 15, 2009, 4:48:53 PM7/15/09
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
I think you are binding the input and output variables of the
webservice data connection directly with the request and response
field on the table. This is bound to give you issues.

Can you try this approach.

1. Create hidden fields on the form corresponding to the request and
response parameters of the Webservice and bind them.

2. Now in your repeating table try some logic whereby when the button
in Row N is clicked the contents of the Request field in that row gets
copied to the hidden request field. Also execute the webservice call

3. Once the response is back copy that to the response field of the
row N.

Hope i understood the issue correctly. Could not download the attached
file for a better understanding as google is acting nuts for me.

-Hemen
>  WS Test.xdp
> 36KViewDownload

Michael Deiß

Jul 16, 2009, 8:39:46 AM7/16/09
to live...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hemen,

Thanks! You understand my problem 100%. And your solution/workaround works great.

Thanks!

Michael