BAM Workbench 1st time Fail Login

codeWalker

Apr 28, 2009, 4:34:37 AM4/28/09
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
Hi all,

* Configured the data source.
* Configured bam.properties
* Installed BAM according to the Guide Provided for Web Logic.
* Configured the BAM username and password to default @ [Home >
Services > LiveCycle Process Management ES > Server Settings > BAM
Configuration Settings].
User Name: system
Password: manager
* Restarted both LC Server and BAM Server
* OS: Windows XP
* LC installation: Turnkey for weblogic
* LC Version: 8.2.1.2: Form Guides patch LC_8.2.1.2_QF_2.04_Adobe

However still cannot login to BAM workbench using system:manager login
and password.

Will appreciate any ideas.

--
codeWalker

Armaghan

Apr 28, 2009, 4:30:33 PM4/28/09
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
Here are a few things:

You need a livecycle instance and a BAM instance to be created in the
database. You need to configure the data sources(LC DataSource and BAM
DataSource) to point to the 2 instances and the fact that the
livecycle data source has been initialized(it needs to get the
password from this instance i believe). A colleague of mine had the
same problem and fixed it this way.
Can you confirm that this has been done?

Thanks,
Armaghan.

You have 2 instances..the BAM instance and the LC instance. The data
sources have been configured and your LC instance is running /was run
sometime .

codeWalker

Apr 28, 2009, 10:07:00 PM4/28/09
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
Hi,

* The BAM Server is in a different instance.
* I believe the data source is configured based on the guide. Below is
my datasource configurations:

Name: IDP_DS
JNDI Name: IDP_DS
Targets: LCServer1, BAMServer

Name: com.celequest.metadata.metaDatasource
JNDI Name: com.celequest.metadata.metaDatasource
Targets: BAMServer

LCServer1 is the LC instance
BAMServer is the BAM instance

LC data source should be initialize, the LC Server has been running
for some time.

Am I missing something?

thanks,
codeWalker

I don't know what else I miss.

Armaghan

Apr 29, 2009, 8:29:40 PM4/29/09
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
From what you have described, you haven't missed out on anything.
I would like to look at the actual data source configuration files(*-
ds.xml). Can you email them to me or post the contents of the data
source XML file ?

Armaghan.