Using hostContainer with LiveCycle form

Rbuz

Jun 15, 2008, 8:42:38 AM6/15/08
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
Hi all,

I want my air application to communicate with the pdf file that it is
hosting.
With acroforms it is possible to use hostContainer method but in LC
forms I didn't manage to use it.
Anybody has an idea?

Thanks, Yan

Duane Nickull

Jun 16, 2008, 12:37:04 PM6/16/08
to live...@googlegroups.com
Adrian Ludwig sent me this in reference to your request:

The last sample on this page seems like what you’re looking for:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/ajax/samples.html

“SyncIn

Developer: Alexandru Chiculita

SyncIn is a sample application that demonstrates how to communicate between HTML and PDF to maintain a synchronized object across two different presentations. It uses a simple shopping cart to demonstrate multiple windows and the adding and removing of items.

Senior Technical Evangelist - Adobe Systems, Inc.
Duane's World TV Show - http://www.duanesworldtv.org/
Blog - http://technoracle.blogspot.com
Community Music - http://www.mix2r.com
My Band - http://www.myspace.com/22ndcentury
Adobe MAX 2008 - http://technoracle.blogspot.com/2007/08/adobe-max-2008.html

Duane Nickull

Jun 16, 2008, 12:47:58 PM6/16/08
to live...@googlegroups.com
Jun 17, 2008, 5:10:32 AM6/17/08
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
Duane,

thanks for your answers!

I'm trying to register the message handler as it in the examples and
getting an error:
"event.target.hostContainer has no properties"

On Jun 16, 7:47 pm, Duane Nickull <dnick...@adobe.com> wrote:
> [...]

Duane Nickull

Jun 17, 2008, 10:03:42 AM6/17/08
to live...@googlegroups.com
Did you watch the video and start your project from scratch?

Duane

Rbuz

Jun 18, 2008, 2:08:04 AM6/18/08
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
Yes, the video shows only the usage of the application or I'm missing
something?

On Jun 17, 5:03 pm, Duane Nickull <dnick...@adobe.com> wrote:
> Did you watch the video and start your project from scratch?
>
> Duane

Duane Nickull

Jun 18, 2008, 9:53:22 AM6/18/08
to live...@googlegroups.com
I must be thinking of another video showing how the projectwas made. I am in ottawa right now and will not have a chance to look at your code closer until end of week. If you can send me the form, it would help.

Duane
Sent from my Blackberry. Sorry for typos.

Rbuz

Jun 29, 2008, 3:44:14 AM6/29/08
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
Hi Duane,

I'm still not able to communicate with the LC form in the Air
application.
I've converted the acroform in the Michael Chaize's application to LC
PDF Form and then used the script in the initialize event.
When I'm trying to communicate with the pdf from AIR
"messageDocNotDisclosedError: Target document not disclosed" error
appears.
project location: http://groups.google.com/group/livecycle/web/Airt.zip
I'll appreciate if you can take a look on it.

Thanks!

Rbuz

Jun 30, 2008, 3:55:51 AM6/30/08
to Adobe LiveCycle Developers
I took a glance at Form Bridge javascript and finally managed to
receive and send messages from LC Form.
From some reason the first message is received with null in the first
time but it seems that it can be fixed.
I've uploaded the project to files section if somebody is interested :
http://groups.google.com/group/livecycle/web/AirtalksTOLCPDF.zip