Issue with Podcasts on Google Listen

Andrew Yates

Aug 31, 2010, 7:43:57 PM8/31/10
to listen-...@googlegroups.com

Hello. I've noticed that whenever I begin a podcast more times than not it will start all over after playing for only a few minutes. To make it even more frustrating, it's not even possible to scroll to where it left off. When I try sliding the progress bar it just restarts the same episode. Is this issue happening with other listeners?

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

the doc

Sep 1, 2010, 1:50:11 PM9/1/10
to listen-discuss
This also happens with me, bout 4 mins in it starts over from the
beginning, even though the slider is still at the 4 min mark, then the
silder becomes unusuable no matter where you slide it to, it starts
from the beginning

Sep 1, 2010, 4:18:58 PM9/1/10
to listen-discuss
I have the same problem. The slider often becomes unusable and simply
restarts the episode whenever I try to seek to a particular location.
I also have experience a problem where Listen regularly stops playing
while I'm multi-tasking.

Motorola Droid running Cyanogenmod 6 @ 1.25GHz.

Erwan

Sep 2, 2010, 6:26:06 AM9/2/10
to listen-discuss
Same for me, it's really annoying.

Nexus One, Froyo 2.2

Josh

Sep 2, 2010, 4:43:06 PM9/2/10
to listen-discuss
This sounds like the problems others report when they're streaming a
podcast. Are you streaming while doing this, or are you starting with
a completely downloaded podcast?

I think I remember having these things happen when streaming podcasts,
but I have them all download ahead of time now and I never see the
problems.

Hoser

Sep 2, 2010, 6:26:15 PM9/2/10
to listen-discuss
I have the same problem on every feed. The past couple of days,
listen has been completely unusable. Evo, operating over 3G or 4G. I
expect problems with 4G because WiMax coverage is spotty and erratic,
but 3G shouldn't be a problem.

Garrett Staugler

Sep 29, 2010, 12:16:13 AM9/29/10
to listen-discuss
Yep, this app would be awsome. But since we have this annoying issue,
IT ISN"T, been going on for months too, PATHETIC for a so-called
software giant..

Andrew DeFaria

Sep 29, 2010, 3:43:47 AM9/29/10
to listen-discuss
I suggest you return it and ask for a full refund!