Video support feature request thread

Mez

Jan 14, 2010, 4:59:19 AM1/14/10
to listen-discuss
I think it would be a good idea if we could get everyone who would
like to see video podcast support added to Listen, to put their
support/vote here. Rather than having multiple small threaded
requests, which are fragmented and portray no real sense for the
magnitude of the request; combine them all in one... just a thought.

Google, please add video podcast support to the next update of Listen.
With this feature added, I'm sure Listen will then be the best
available, and I'll surely make the full switch from DoggCatcher.

Chris

Jan 16, 2010, 10:14:04 AM1/16/10
to listen-discuss
I agree 110%
Adding video support would make Listen the one-stop-shop for any pod/
web-casts.

For videos, I currently use iTunes to fetch them, use MS Sync to copy
them to the Droid, and use a file manager to locate & launch them.
Supporting video with Listen will make life easier ... not to mention
making iTunes obsolete.

Thanks for considering it.
Chris

Andy Pastuszak

Jan 17, 2010, 11:20:07 AM1/17/10
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
Count me in! Really, really want this feature.

Dean

Feb 10, 2010, 1:55:14 AM2/10/10
to listen-discuss
Would Love to see video added. Time to cut the iTunes cord.

metric152

Feb 10, 2010, 12:44:48 PM2/10/10
to listen-discuss
I would also love to see this. I download videos straight to the phone
and play them back through gallery. It would be nice to have them
dumped into Listen.

GrkEngineer

Feb 19, 2010, 7:29:24 AM2/19/10
to listen-discuss
+1 for video podcast support. Would make this the perfect app.

Dave

Feb 21, 2010, 11:15:10 AM2/21/10
to listen-discuss
Yes! Now that it integrates with Google reader, I would love it if I
could watch The Engadget Show with it.

On Jan 17, 11:20 am, Andy Pastuszak <apastus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Count me in!  Really, really want this feature.

John

Feb 22, 2010, 4:24:40 PM2/22/10
to listen-discuss
+1 I totally agree

On Jan 14, 4:59 am, Mez <mezhopk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it would be a good idea if we could get everyone who would

> like to seevideopodcast support added to Listen, to put their

> support/vote here. Rather than having multiple small threaded
> requests, which are fragmented and portray no real sense for the
> magnitude of the request; combine them all in one... just a thought.
>

> Google, please addvideopodcast support to the next update of Listen.

Martius

Feb 23, 2010, 6:23:13 AM2/23/10
to listen-discuss
I would really like to see video support in listen.

blackflame451

Feb 23, 2010, 12:16:23 PM2/23/10
to listen-discuss
+1 for video support in Google Listen

Martijn

Mar 4, 2010, 3:22:16 AM3/4/10

On Jan 14, 10:59 am, Mez <mezhopk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it would be a good idea if we could get everyone who would

> like to seevideopodcast support added to Listen, to put their

> support/vote here. Rather than having multiple small threaded
> requests, which are fragmented and portray no real sense for the
> magnitude of the request; combine them all in one... just a thought.
>

> Google, please addvideopodcast support to the next update of Listen.

Jean-Charles

Mar 4, 2010, 6:39:48 AM3/4/10
to listen-discuss
I'm agree with you. But if it's possible, I'll like that Google add an
iTunes synchronization for Mac and Windows. Because all my Podcast are
in iTunes

On 16 jan, 10:14, Chris <chris.tsangari...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree 110%
> Addingvideosupport would make Listen the one-stop-shop for any pod/

> web-casts.
>
> For videos, I currently use iTunes to fetch them, use MS Sync to copy
> them to the Droid, and use a file manager to locate & launch them.

> Supportingvideowith Listen will make life easier ... not to mention

> making iTunes obsolete.
>
> Thanks for considering it.
> Chris
>
> On Jan 14, 4:59 am, Mez <mezhopk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I think it would be a good idea if we could get everyone who would

> > like to seevideopodcast support added to Listen, to put their

> > support/vote here. Rather than having multiple small threaded
> > requests, which are fragmented and portray no real sense for the
> > magnitude of the request; combine them all in one... just a thought.
>

> > Google, please addvideopodcast support to the next update of Listen.

Bou

Mar 4, 2010, 3:18:29 PM3/4/10
to listen-discuss
I have always taken for granted that listen would sooner or later
support video podcasts, it just makes sense.

Also, it would be great so synchronize with my youtube subscribed
channels and download new episodes.

c0up

Mar 7, 2010, 5:52:13 AM3/7/10
to listen-discuss
Yes please. Those Official LOST video podcasts are begging to be
viewed on my phone.

cpuangel

Mar 9, 2010, 11:31:45 AM3/9/10
to listen-discuss
+1

Steve

Mar 9, 2010, 1:35:56 PM3/9/10
to listen-discuss
I vote yes!

Brendan

Mar 11, 2010, 12:44:36 PM3/11/10
to listen-discuss
+1+

blackflame451

Mar 11, 2010, 2:13:17 PM3/11/10
to listen-discuss
I agree that they need to get video working on Listen. I dont know if
they really need to be able to sync with youtube since I can already
use that YouTube app anyways. I am all for RSS Video support though.

Joseph

Mar 11, 2010, 2:38:28 PM3/11/10
to listen-discuss
It may just be me, but right now I subscribe to all of my podcasts
using YouTube. So for me it would make more sense to add subscription
via RSS to the YouTube app or just YouTube in general on the user end,
instead of putting the burden on the content distributor to actually
post their videos on YouTube.

It would probably be simpler to add video support in G-Listen, but I
think that the former would be a more elegant solution.

Calvin

Mar 11, 2010, 3:38:02 PM3/11/10
to listen-discuss
Video would be great

On Jan 14, 4:59 am, Mez <mezhopk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it would be a good idea if we could get everyone who would

> like to seevideopodcast support added to Listen, to put their

> support/vote here. Rather than having multiple small threaded
> requests, which are fragmented and portray no real sense for the
> magnitude of the request; combine them all in one... just a thought.
>

> Google, please addvideopodcast support to the next update of Listen.

dhinged

May 6, 2010, 6:55:54 PM5/6/10
to listen-discuss
Video podcasts would be awesome! It would another reason to ditch my
Nano.

DacMan

May 6, 2010, 11:56:59 PM5/6/10
to listen-discuss
I would definatly love a video podcast option myself.

Chris H

Jun 10, 2010, 10:30:11 AM6/10/10
to listen-discuss
They need to get this working. I tried Double Twist (many suggested
as good sync app with iTunes) but it doesn't work well. First, you
can't subscribe to podcasts, it would require syncing every day.
Second, if you pause a video and go into another app you have to start
the video over. You can fast forward, but it is still a huge pain.

I sure hope Google gets video on Listen and solves all our problems.
Apple devices are so popular because of their media integration. It's
a shame other companies can't seem to get that right yet.

Jimmy

Jun 14, 2010, 12:59:25 PM6/14/10
to listen-discuss
I agree that video support is a must have. Google Listen is my
favorite podcatcher on Android, but I still need another one running
to grab video podcasts. I would love to have one program to do it
all!

- Jimmy

Greg

Jun 24, 2010, 9:23:11 PM6/24/10
to listen-discuss
Agreed. Me too.

Adam Cole

Jul 14, 2010, 10:47:27 AM7/14/10
to listen-discuss
+1 on video please.

Piotr Szymański

Jul 14, 2010, 12:10:35 PM7/14/10
to listen-discuss
Support the idea! Is Listen opensource? Can I get the source code
somewhere and send a patch?

On Jun 25, 3:23 am, Greg <grego...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Agreed.  Me too.
>
> On Jun 14, 12:59 pm, Jimmy <viewtifulji...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I agree thatvideosupport is a must have.  Google Listen is my
> > favorite podcatcher on Android, but I still need another one running
> > to grabvideopodcasts.  I would love to have one program to do it
> > all!
>
> >  - Jimmy
>
> > On Jun 10, 9:30 am, Chris H <chrisha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > They need to get this working.  I tried Double Twist (many suggested
> > > as good sync app with iTunes) but it doesn't work well.  First, you
> > > can't subscribe to podcasts, it would require syncing every day.
> > > Second, if you pause avideoand go into another app you have to start
> > > thevideoover.  You can fast forward, but it is still a huge pain.
>
> > > I sure hope Google getsvideoon Listen and solves all our problems.
> > > Apple devices are so popular because of their media integration.  It's
> > > a shame other companies can't seem to get that right yet.

The.Joeba

Jul 15, 2010, 10:34:48 PM7/15/10
to listen-discuss
I would live to see my Twit.TV podcasts, especially the Daily Giz Wiz.
They sound like they are having so much fun!

digitalslacker

Jul 20, 2010, 8:03:37 AM7/20/10
to listen-discuss
bump
would love to see video support too.

Paul

Aug 12, 2010, 12:08:36 AM8/12/10
to listen-discuss
I think that video is obviously where podcasts are heading. At the
very least I'd like to see support for feeds that contain both audio
and video. Right mow of just throws an error of there's a single view
file in a feed

F4ion1

Aug 13, 2010, 11:46:20 AM8/13/10
to listen-discuss
Video support would be much appreciated!!!!

Here

Aug 20, 2010, 8:35:14 AM8/20/10
to listen-discuss
+1

wideload

Aug 24, 2010, 10:38:05 AM8/24/10
to listen-discuss
+11

On Aug 20, 1:35 pm, Here <r.ger...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1
>
> On 25 Giu, 03:23, Greg <grego...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Agreed.  Me too.
>
> > On Jun 14, 12:59 pm, Jimmy <viewtifulji...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I agree thatvideosupport is a must have.  Google Listen is my
> > > favorite podcatcher on Android, but I still need another one running
> > > to grabvideopodcasts.  I would love to have one program to do it
> > > all!
>
> > >  - Jimmy

PiotreG

Sep 28, 2010, 6:48:15 AM9/28/10
to listen-discuss
It would be greatly appreciated.

On Aug 20, 3:35 pm, Here <r.ger...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1
>
> On 25 Giu, 03:23, Greg <grego...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Agreed.  Me too.
>
> > On Jun 14, 12:59 pm, Jimmy <viewtifulji...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I agree thatvideosupport is a must have.  Google Listen is my
> > > favorite podcatcher on Android, but I still need another one running
> > > to grabvideopodcasts.  I would love to have one program to do it
> > > all!
>
> > >  - Jimmy

Philip

Oct 3, 2010, 1:40:06 PM10/3/10
to listen-discuss
+1.

commo sHack

Oct 13, 2010, 3:12:30 PM10/13/10
to listen-discuss
Video support would be a great addition.

Javier Palomares

Oct 13, 2010, 7:03:12 PM10/13/10
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
I'm totally agree.

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 21:12, commo sHack <c0mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Video support would be a great addition.

Adam Teece

Dec 11, 2010, 12:44:16 AM12/11/10
to listen-discuss
I would like to see this feature too.

JohnArne

Dec 22, 2010, 6:50:05 PM12/22/10
to listen-discuss
Any news on this becoming a future feature?

Nicholas Wong

Feb 1, 2011, 8:01:28 PM2/1/11
to listen-discuss
+1