Refresh problems

joshua

Jan 13, 2011, 11:09:57 AM1/13/11
to listen-discuss
Hi. I've been using Google Listen for podcasts for a few months now
without any hiccups or problems. However, now my subscriptions won't
refresh automatically or when I press the green refresh arrow icon.
The only way I can get new podcasts is to go to my subscriptions,
click on a specific podcast, tap the options button and refresh from
there.

Is anyone else having this problem? Even better, does anyone know how
to fix this?

Thanks!

Tom

Jan 13, 2011, 11:28:49 AM1/13/11
to listen-discuss
I used to have this issue on my Hero sometimes, I never knew what I
did to cause it or fix it. Today it's happened to my new EVO Shift 4G.
I think some server must be down today. Anyone else want to sound off
if their phones aren't syncing google listen today?

Kyle

Jan 13, 2011, 11:38:21 AM1/13/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
I am having the same problem, seemed to start this morning (Jan 13th).  Based on a previous thread I attempted a reinstall.  That worked for a single sync, but has not updated since.  Also, I'm noticing that Reader does not seem to be reflecting "listened" status.  Everything that I have listened to this morning is still showing "unread" in reader.

HTC Nexus One, Android 2.2.1, Listen 1.1.4

Greg

Jan 13, 2011, 11:41:04 AM1/13/11
to listen-discuss
Same problem, started last night and I worried that it somehow stemmed
from my installing (for the first time) Google Reader.

I feel better knowing you're having it, too--likely something that
will be fixed quickly.

I love this Google Labs project, and appreciate the team that supports
it!

Droid X, Android 2.2.1, Reader 1.1.4

Greg

joshua

Jan 13, 2011, 11:47:05 AM1/13/11
to listen-discuss
It appears that my automatic updates stopped around 10 p.m. Eastern.
Is that what everyone else is seeing?

Kyle

Jan 13, 2011, 11:51:34 AM1/13/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
That is consistent with my situation.

Also: Greg - I have Google Reader installed and it does not seem related.  Google Reader still functions properly.

joshua

Jan 13, 2011, 11:54:02 AM1/13/11
to listen-discuss
I just installed Google Reader this morning... I was desperate for my
podcasts, and Reader seems to be working fine.

Greg

Jan 13, 2011, 11:54:26 AM1/13/11
to listen-discuss
@joshua: Yep, looking back, same timing. Just reinstalled and no
change.

@kyle: Thanks a ton for confirming that! I'll quit fiddling with
Reader then. :-)

Loren

Jan 13, 2011, 11:57:31 AM1/13/11
to listen-discuss
Same 10pm Eastern start time for me.

I can force a single podcast to update with the menu->refresh option
under "My Subscriptions", but that certainly is not as handy as
updating them en masse.

HTC Incredible, Android 2.2, Listen 1.1.4
> > > Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

James

Jan 13, 2011, 11:58:53 AM1/13/11
to listen-discuss
Same problem, started at the same time.

Refresh icon appears in notification area for a split second when I
tap refresh, but nothing happens.
Set to refresh every 8 hours, but still shows "Refreshed: 13 hours
ago".

HTC Incredible
Android 2.2
Listen 1.1.4

All the Google engineers are working on H-comb, and no one wants to
fix this buggy player...

Kyle

Jan 13, 2011, 12:02:23 PM1/13/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
@ Loren - I can also force a single podcast to update, however, this only brings new episodes to Listen and does not update Google Reader to show that a particular episode has been listened to.

huntm856

Jan 13, 2011, 12:27:47 PM1/13/11
to listen-discuss
Same issue. Just started this morning. Uninstalled and reinstalled and
the app refreshed all my subscriptions once before going back to the
problematic behavior.

(Rooted) Samsung Epic 4g running stock Eclair, Listen 1.1.4.

Margaret Shirra

Jan 13, 2011, 1:35:58 PM1/13/11
to listen-discuss
Same problems today. my last autorefresh was 6 hours ago. A very
similar problem happened last fall. At that time it was fixed
"automatically" after less than a day.
in the meantime, manually refreshing each subscription seems to be
working.

william maloney

Jan 13, 2011, 1:36:19 PM1/13/11
to listen-discuss
Same here.

GlennB

Jan 13, 2011, 4:51:21 PM1/13/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
Is anyone at Google still working on this project? It does seem like it's been abandoned.

ozlishe

Jan 13, 2011, 6:34:15 PM1/13/11
to listen-discuss
Mine says it has refreshed 21 hrs ago.
Droid 1

Kyle

Jan 13, 2011, 8:12:51 PM1/13/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
Mine started working again around 7pm ET.  I had it set to hourly and it went again just after 8pm.  Hadn't changed anything since the reinstall earlier.

jeff

Jan 13, 2011, 8:37:59 PM1/13/11
to listen-discuss
Same here. No refresh since yesterday

Ben Wonders

Jan 13, 2011, 11:34:06 PM1/13/11
to listen-discuss
I keep hoping it will start working again overnight. I'd really like
to know what silly thing broke to cause this. Since refreshing onesy-
twosy works, it seems like a fairly easy thing for some dev to fix.

Of course, if the dev is unaware of the problem, it may take a while.

bormotov

Jan 14, 2011, 7:19:15 AM1/14/11
to listen-discuss
Hi!

Same problem.

E/Listen (2117): Running UpdateTask
E/Listen (2117): Reader token had invalid length: [token skiped]

via aLogCat

Kyle

Jan 14, 2011, 8:46:53 AM1/14/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
Apparently I spoke too soon.

Mine had stopped working late on Jan 12 (posted above, similar to others).
It started syncing again around 7p on Jan 13 and worked overnight into the morning on Jan 14 (also posted above).
This morning (Jan 14) it synced around 5:45a but has not synced again since.  Pressing the refresh button causes the "sync icon" to appear briefly in the notification bar, but no sync occurs.

Refreshing individual subscriptions still finds new episodes but does not mark episodes as "read" in reader when they have been listened to.

Details:
HTC Nexus One running 2.2.1 (stock)
Listen 1.1.4, uninstalled and reinstalled last on Jan 13
Listen set to refresh hourly, store 80 episodes
Using Tasker with APNdroid to disable all data (Cellular & WiFi) overnight (from 11p to 5:45a), this causes my first sync to occur each day just after 5:45

Roger & Brenda Baeumler

Jan 14, 2011, 9:29:56 AM1/14/11
to listen-discuss

I'm having the same problem. Last refresh was 13 hours ago. Hope they
fix it soon.

goodrench

Jan 14, 2011, 9:39:13 AM1/14/11
to listen-discuss
Report not abuse
Same problem here. (refreshed 11 hours ago)
Didn't we have this same problem a couple of months ago?
I wonder if google is trying to change the way "Reader" works and is
is not playing nice with
the podcatcher?
I puth my faith in Google and expect that they will fix it very soon.

Justin Rathman

Jan 14, 2011, 10:22:22 AM1/14/11
to listen-discuss
I've been having this same problem for the past 24+ hours. Don't have
Reader like some on here, and I've tried rebooting, tried manually
refreshing as well as setting it to refresh every hour, nothing seems
to do the trick.

James

Jan 14, 2011, 11:09:48 AM1/14/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
Mine worked briefly again last night too.
I noticed that it finally synced itself at around 7pm EST, but hasnt synced since.

Andrew

Jan 14, 2011, 11:24:08 AM1/14/11
to listen-discuss
This happened a few months ago. They changed something in Google
Reader that Listen couldn't handle. They fixed it in 24-36 hours last
time, hope it is that fast this time. You can still manually sink
feeds. If you click on an individual feed you can sync just it. If
you don't have that many feeds, this might be an option for you in the
time being.

J-W

Jan 14, 2011, 12:05:17 PM1/14/11
to listen-discuss
I've seen this since about 6 PM PST yesterday. Major Nelson Radio
wouldn't show the newest update. When I tried to unsubscribe and re-
subscribe, I receive "An unknown error occurred." Google Reader shows
I'm subscribed to the podcast, but Listen isn't updating.

Andrew DeFaria

Jan 14, 2011, 12:12:41 PM1/14/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
I'm now having the same refresh problem. If anybody knows the devs and can contact them then let them know that this refresh problem appears to be effecting the whole community and should be fixed ASAP.

Michael DiDonato

Jan 14, 2011, 12:14:57 PM1/14/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
Same problems here

Robert Greenfield

Jan 14, 2011, 12:21:54 PM1/14/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
Add me to the list of people with this problem.

Misery likes company.

Bobby M

Jan 14, 2011, 12:23:38 PM1/14/11
to listen-discuss
Report not abuse
me too - refreshed 19 hours ago

James

Jan 14, 2011, 12:31:29 PM1/14/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
I noticed that the FAQ for the listen app says we should use safety goggles, because things including "Subscription Updates" could be buggy as they make changes.  Maybe this is a sign that a new more stable version is rolling out soon?  Would be nice if they addressed the buggy player controls while they were at it.

I wasn't aware that Listen was part of Labs...

Nopdon

Jan 14, 2011, 12:41:20 PM1/14/11
to listen-discuss
same problem here on Galaxy tab. With latest Listen. No automatic or
manual group refresh.

Ricardo

Jan 14, 2011, 12:48:00 PM1/14/11
to listen-discuss
Same problem here. Has not refreshed since 3pm PST (Jan 13th). Don't
have Reader, just Listen. Agree that this app is somewhat buggy, hope
there's a new release soon (especially with an option to drag and drop
new episode at specific points in the queue instead of just sending to
top or bottom).

Joshua Dale

Jan 14, 2011, 12:49:17 PM1/14/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
Original Droid no update for many hours.

Joshua M. Dale, Esq.
(415) 203 4350jo...@jmd-ent.com - jd...@joshdale.com

G DUFF BLOOM

Jan 14, 2011, 1:01:19 PM1/14/11
to listen-discuss
@joshua, greg, justin rathman: Precise identical (a) problem, (b)
manual-within-"subscription" make-do fix, (c) timing of last auto-
refresh, and (d) attempts to un-a d re-install and reboot my Verizon
Android HTC Incredible (latest buold).

Ohhhhhhh, google. . . anyone home?

m0nk3y

Jan 14, 2011, 1:49:32 PM1/14/11
to listen-discuss
i email the developer via the market anytime issues happen.. they get
on it pretty fast.. its good for suggestions too.. i'd like a 'share'
option.. let the social networks realize just @#$% up i am..
> > to do the trick.- Hide quoted text -

Rtousi

Jan 14, 2011, 2:23:33 PM1/14/11
to listen-discuss

Same here, the single podcast update works. I'm thinking it will be
like the last time and just fix itself in a few hours.

ehudokai

Jan 14, 2011, 2:55:20 PM1/14/11
to listen-discuss
I am having the same problem. I thought it had something to do with
my new droid x, but now I'm not convinced. I used to have a mytouch3g
that I used with listen for over a year. This is very frustrating!

G Ragib

Jan 14, 2011, 3:28:45 PM1/14/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
I was having the same problem on my vanilla HTC Desire. Uninstalling and reinstalling solved the problem. Back to normal now.

rheren

Jan 14, 2011, 4:06:52 PM1/14/11
to listen-discuss
Yes, happening to me too on a HTC Evo. Same symptoms as described
throughout the thread. Reinstalling did fix it for me, it seems,
although it means you have to re-download and re-queue everything.

Ben

Jan 14, 2011, 4:10:35 PM1/14/11
to listen-discuss
I think the email to the market link just comes here.

Ben

Jan 14, 2011, 4:12:55 PM1/14/11
to listen-discuss
Many of the rest of us tried that, too. Please update us if your good
fortune continues.

Greg

Jan 14, 2011, 4:14:09 PM1/14/11
to listen-discuss
Looks like we're all seeing the same thing (and yes, I had the same
"update once, then stop" experience last night as the rest of you), so
I think this must be related to upgrades and changes in the Listen and
Reader programs. That's fine with me--both are strong apps, but I can
imagine some likely improvements for the next versions. Now that I
know we're all seeing this, I won't try to "fix" this on my own.

The good news is that this whole process has gotten me much more
familiar with Reader, which I'm enjoying. Anyone know whether this is
the best (or most stable) program of its type?

Thanks again, all--I'm new to this forum, but it's been really
helpful.

Greg

Matt Franklin

Jan 14, 2011, 4:55:01 PM1/14/11
to listen-discuss
I'm on a Droid 2 which came with Froyo installed. I downloaded Listen
almost immediately and have been using it since.

I only recently downloaded Reader. I cannot recall if either app has
been updated since the Reader download. Current versions are Reader
0.8.0, Listen ... I can't tell, no updates are listed as of 4:47 PM
EST on 1/14/11, so I assume it's some flavor of 1.1.

No 'Listen Subscriptions' has ever appeared in Reader, nor have any of
my Listen Subscriptions (easily 50 podcast feeds, many of which were
not found by the Listen library and so were added by hand. Painfully).

I believe Listen started failing to update (the Droid's refresh icon
appears in the toolbar, disappears immediately, and Listen does not
show the alerts for each feed, i.e. "Now Refreshing X Feed")
yesterday.

I'm fairly certain the problem began when I selected "All Items" in
Reader.

There's my case study as far as reporting the bug.

Now, I'd like to try an un/re installation of Listen to see if Reader
catches it. Given almost all of them were input manually, I'm worried
I'll loose all my Listen subscriptions.

Will uninstalling Listen cost me all my Listen items?

I have Astro, and can back up the app beforehand... which I've just
done.

Bobby M

Jan 14, 2011, 8:27:48 PM1/14/11
to listen-discuss
does anyone have it working yet? not here :(

GlennB

Jan 14, 2011, 8:45:09 PM1/14/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
Nothing yet. My guess is that you won't see any fixes until at least Tuesday as Monday is likely a holiday for Google. I'm in the same boat. I just hope *someone* is working on this.

converter42

Jan 14, 2011, 8:49:00 PM1/14/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
Same here:

01/14/2011 19:31:13 [ERROR] Listen(8014) Running UpdateTask
01/14/2011 19:31:13 [DEBUG] Listen(8014) HttpRequest connectionsInPool:1 GET http://www.google.com/reader/api/0/token
01/14/2011 19:31:13 [ERROR] Listen(8014) Reader token had invalid length: //<token>

Tim Dittman

Jan 14, 2011, 9:28:48 PM1/14/11
to listen-discuss
Same problem here. Been over a day since it refreshed on its own.
Was able to refresh each feed manually, but that's no fun at all.

Scott

Jan 14, 2011, 10:12:47 PM1/14/11
to listen-discuss
Me, too. Problem began early this morning. Restarted phone, two new
netcasts loaded automatically. No refreshes since. Automatic or
manual. HTC Incredible.

Jessica Musa

Jan 14, 2011, 10:17:43 PM1/14/11
to listen-discuss
Same problem starting last night/this morning! Manual refresh quickly
appears then disappears. I can manually update an individual podcast
by going into the show list separately. Pretty sure no one is working
on this project, though. Hoping something's just down today.

Matt Franklin

Jan 14, 2011, 11:29:01 PM1/14/11
to listen-discuss
Update:
Made a list of my podcast rss subscriptions (53, minus one dud, for
anyone who collects such metrics). Uninstalled Listen AND Reader.

Reinstalled Reader. Set it up with the account I'd been using before
(which is not the one I'm posting from, I notice). Without me doing
anything, the Listen Subscriptions folder is present, and seems to
have all my feeds in it.

Reinstalled Listen. Set it up the appropriate account, everything
seems to be there, and the refresh button is working again.

...now I'm afraid to use Reader, or at least the All Items viewer.
Hopefully this issue is addressed somehow before too long. Did I read
somewhere, or was I hallucinating, that you can tell Reader NOT to
mark stuff as viewed when using the All Items list? I can't find such
an option if it does exist.

Andrew DeFaria

Jan 15, 2011, 12:25:09 AM1/15/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
How do you "uninstall" Reader? It's a web app!

If you mean the Google Reader app for Android, it really has nothing to do with Google Reader the web app. In fact your subscriptions are stored in the cloud. Both Listen and Google Reader the app for Android are merely clients of that cloud storage.

johndrinkwater

Jan 15, 2011, 7:04:20 AM1/15/11
to listen-discuss
I’ve had this problem for a day now, wondering if it’s related to
changes
in the Google Reader API - NewsRob had a recent update that mentioned
they changed things :/

Mark Brown

Jan 15, 2011, 9:19:43 AM1/15/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
There was an update of the Google Reader web application last night which seems consistent with this - a similar issue occurred a few months ago. Last time Google did produce an update to Listen to fix this. Hopefully they'll do that again.

Thanks,
Mark

simonjtaylor212

Jan 15, 2011, 9:33:19 AM1/15/11
to listen-discuss
Me Too!

Same exact problem. Glad its not just me though.

Shawn

Jan 15, 2011, 10:38:13 AM1/15/11
to listen-discuss
Same problem here; podcasts aren't being updated by Listen when I
refresh. Hope they fix Reader or Listen soon.

@Propensity

Jan 15, 2011, 11:23:56 AM1/15/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
Yea, lot's of people with same problem. Me too.

Stuart

Jan 15, 2011, 11:45:20 AM1/15/11
to listen-discuss
I've got this problem too (on an HTC Desire, no Google Reader), last
refresh was 2 days ago. Glad to find out it's not just me!

Stuart

Jan 15, 2011, 12:35:29 PM1/15/11
to listen-discuss
Is anyone else having problems adding a new subscription too? I've
tried adding ones from the BBC and The Guardian and they both error.
I've tried it by both copy and pasting the address in or subscribing
via a link

Mike Bear

Jan 15, 2011, 2:06:50 PM1/15/11
to listen-discuss
I just tried adding a subscription and got 'unknown error occurred'.
I have
the same problem, no sync for two days.

Cheng-Jih

Jan 15, 2011, 10:27:52 PM1/15/11
to listen-discuss
I just wanted to chime in and report the same problems with
refreshing, starting around the 13th.

One weird thing is that I uninstalled and reinstalled the Listen app,
and it did a sync. But it doesn't sync after that first sync.

converter42

Jan 15, 2011, 10:32:09 PM1/15/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
I found a workaround; I bit the bullet and paid for beyondpod. It's overly complex and does way more than I need, but it's fetching my Listen subscriptions from google reader and playing them.

The Amazing Janne

Jan 16, 2011, 7:41:23 AM1/16/11
to listen-discuss
I'm having this same problem. My Listen quit refreshing two days ago.
When I press the green icon in the My listen items view the refresh
icon quickly flashes in the notification are and then nothing else
happens.

Neil Shadrach

Jan 16, 2011, 9:21:24 AM1/16/11
to listen-discuss
Same problem as described by others.
Refresh does nothing. Uninstalled and re-installed Listen and it
updated once only.

dustin anderson

Jan 16, 2011, 9:44:42 AM1/16/11
to listen-discuss
I've also recently started having issues with listen not refreshing ..
the sync icon shows up in the notification bar, but goes away
instantly ... i'm pretty sure it has something to do with reader not
allowing listen to poll it for updates ... i'm going to follow the
steps listed above (removing them and reinstalling) but hopefully this
bug gets worked out.

kevin.herman

Jan 16, 2011, 10:04:22 AM1/16/11
to listen-discuss
Having same problems beginning on same date. Glad to know I'm not the
only one. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

Sam

Jan 16, 2011, 2:15:50 PM1/16/11
to listen-discuss
Same problem here. Installing an older version didn't help, maybe
something changed on the Google Reader side?

On Jan 14, 11:09 am, James <james.cetrang...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mine worked briefly again last night too.
> I noticed that it finally synced itself at around 7pm EST, but hasnt synced
> since.

Hakan Siktas

Jan 16, 2011, 4:53:08 PM1/16/11
to listen-discuss
I can confirm this, too.

It works only for the first sync but after that it won't work anymore.
And resetting an app's data every time before using it, isn't a real
solution. :(

Neil Phillips

Jan 16, 2011, 5:11:08 PM1/16/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
I thought I was special.

RPN

Jan 16, 2011, 9:56:56 PM1/16/11
to listen-discuss
I've been having the same problems and have found a "temporary"
workaround:

1. Go to Google Reader
2. Expand the "Listen Subscriptions" folder in Google Reader. Note
which subscriptions have "new" items.
3. Go to Listen (Android App)
4. Click on "My subscriptions"
5. Click on each subscription that has a "new" item
6. Refresh the item ("Menu" -> "Refresh")
7. Once you go back to "My listen items", the new subscriptions should
appear in the queue.

While this option does work, it is not ideal. We'll need to wait until
either this problem is fully addressed or Google Listen is updated.

Do also realize that this application is a "Labs" application:
http://listen.googlelabs.com/faq.html

On Jan 16, 4:11 pm, Neil Phillips <n...@neilphillips.com> wrote:
> I thought I was special.

> On 17 January 2011 08:53, Hakan Siktas <hsik...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I can confirm this, too.
>
> > It works only for the first sync but after that it won't work anymore.
> > And resetting an app's data every time before using it, isn't a real
> > solution. :(
>
> > --
> > .

Adam

Jan 16, 2011, 10:21:08 PM1/16/11
to listen-discuss
Thanks for that workaround. I've been getting a little ticked off at
this problem. I really like Google listen aside from the fact that it
didn't want to work with the paid version of Never Not Funny. Did the
manual update and updated my queue.

LHM

Jan 17, 2011, 8:13:21 AM1/17/11
to listen-discuss
I have the refresh problem too... It's very annoying.

Colin

Jan 17, 2011, 9:25:58 AM1/17/11
to listen-discuss
This problem has been going on since last Friday (14 Jan). I guess
this is what you get from a "Lab" product.

Ben P

Jan 17, 2011, 9:41:32 AM1/17/11
to listen-discuss
Thank you RPN - this worked great for me.

I'll do it this way until they fix the bulk-refresh.

Jason

Jan 17, 2011, 1:41:56 PM1/17/11
to listen-discuss
I had this problem for days, but got things working again. I think it
started when I unsubscribed from a particular podcast, but who can be
sure?

I have worked around the issue for now by uninstalling Listen from my
phone, then reinstalling it from the market. The synchronization/
refresh is working now. Because my subscriptions are stored in Google
Reader, they were all still there with my "read/unread" history, but
any downloaded episodes I had on the phone were gone (makes sense, I
guess).

I don't think this app is a priority for Google, so you may want to
try this if you are having the same problem, instead of waiting for an
upgrade.

Jason.

Jason

Jan 17, 2011, 1:46:58 PM1/17/11
to listen-discuss
This seems to coincide with reported synchronization problems with
listen:

"Google Groups will no longer be supporting the Welcome Message
feature. Starting January 13, you won't be able to edit your welcome
messages, but you will still be able to view and download the existing
content."

I wasn't using this feature, but the date lines up loosely with
reports of issues in this group.

Jason.

dustin anderson

Jan 17, 2011, 2:41:13 PM1/17/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
uninstalling and installing from the market didnt work for me, i tried that a few days ago

Dustin Anderson
615-419-9743

Bobby M

Jan 17, 2011, 2:45:49 PM1/17/11
to listen-discuss
just tried that also and it's working so far
I'd make sure that your subscriptions are there on Google Reader so
they don't need to be reentered.

thanks!

On Jan 17, 11:41 am, dustin anderson <dustin.ander...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> uninstalling and installing from the market didnt work for me, i tried that
> a few days ago
>

> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Jason <jason.straat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > This seems to coincide with reported synchronization problems with
> > listen:
>
> > "Google Groups will no longer be supporting the Welcome Message
> > feature. Starting January 13, you won't be able to edit your welcome
> > messages, but you will still be able to view and download the existing
> > content."
>
> > I wasn't using this feature, but the date lines up loosely with
> > reports of issues in this group.
>
> > Jason.
>
> > --
> > .

javadayaz

Jan 17, 2011, 2:48:59 PM1/17/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
so lets see....is the internet abuzz with talk of google's Listen project....erm nope!

Regards

Javad

Đoи яамoη

Jan 17, 2011, 3:06:41 PM1/17/11
to listen-discuss

yep i have to reinstall in order to get actualization, pls fix it, ,
i gonna try subscribe /unsubscribe from the Google reader web site,
otherwise keep installing/uninstalling...

Win Amp is always a goog app, but only with wireless sync from your
desktop...

CliqXT, Ro0ted android 2.1.2

Kevin Burke

Jan 17, 2011, 3:07:47 PM1/17/11
to listen-discuss
I hate to be a Me too, but here we go. The google reader does seem to
be a workaround, but it has feature loss. Its decent for listening to
something in the forground. It does not do background playing and is
streaming only. For me thats kinda useless. So it looks like this is
a bug in listen not some kooky say to push a new product (Google is
usually more straight forward than that anyways).

Hope the Labs team has a chance to replicate this. For now I have
uninstalled listen twice and that seems to be the only way to get
updates.

Kevin

Jozsef

Jan 17, 2011, 3:12:31 PM1/17/11
to listen-discuss
I removed Google Reader and Listen from my phone, then installed
Listen again (but not Reader, which I never actually used) and now it
seems OK.

ymt

Jan 17, 2011, 3:50:30 PM1/17/11
to listen-discuss
Refresh problem. On my second re-install of Google Listen on my HTC
Hero.

Miguel Morales

Jan 17, 2011, 4:00:11 PM1/17/11
to listen-discuss
Same issue in a Nexus One with Froyo. Reinstall only let you one
update, and unstalling Reader doesn't seem to solve anything.

adorber

Jan 17, 2011, 8:07:16 PM1/17/11
to listen-discuss
I'm having the same problem. I don't even have Google Reader on my
phone.

Galaxy S running 2.1.

Andrew DeFaria

Jan 17, 2011, 8:38:02 PM1/17/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
You don't need Google Reader installed on your phone. In fact, Google Reader on your phone has absolutely nothing to do with Google Listen your phone. Both are clients of the Google Reader subscription store in the cloud.

TC

Jan 17, 2011, 10:24:12 PM1/17/11
to listen-discuss
Count me in...

Andy Toumanoff

Jan 18, 2011, 8:26:26 AM1/18/11
to listen-discuss
Having the same problem as everyone else. Started ~1/14/2011.

Droid X
Listen version 1.1.4
Android 2.2.1
System Version 2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.us

Paul Gullette

Jan 18, 2011, 9:46:26 AM1/18/11
to listen-discuss
Same problems here.

Would love to see Google release this project as open source because I
would bet the community could fix these things faster than 4 days.

dustin anderson

Jan 18, 2011, 8:06:31 PM1/18/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com

So my listen app just magically refreshed when I opened it.  I rebooted and opened it up and it refreshed all subscriptions.  Side note when I opened gmail it acted as if it was my first time opening it and it showed a change log???

dustin anderson

Jan 18, 2011, 8:08:13 PM1/18/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com

Annnmd I just did a manual refresh and it refreshed again ... it appears someone fixed it?

On Jan 18, 2011 7:06 PM, "dustin anderson" <dustin....@gmail.com> wrote:
> So my listen app just magically refreshed when I opened it. I rebooted and
> opened it up and it refreshed all subscriptions. Side note when I opened
> gmail it acted as if it was my first time opening it and it showed a change
> log???
> On Jan 18, 2011 8:47 AM, "Paul Gullette" <pgul...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Same problems here.
>>
>> Would love to see Google release this project as open source because I
>> would bet the community could fix these things faster than 4 days.

javadayaz

Jan 18, 2011, 8:09:06 PM1/18/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
still no for me.

Regards

Javad

dustin anderson

Jan 18, 2011, 8:11:49 PM1/18/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
try to reboot and refresh ... i'm not the only one it is working for .. the google listen group has other "success" stories now ...
Dustin Anderson
615-419-9743

javadayaz

Jan 18, 2011, 8:12:43 PM1/18/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
tried reboot and refresh....nothing

dustin anderson

Jan 18, 2011, 8:14:55 PM1/18/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
i have an EVO using the latest CyanogenMOD 7 build which is built from gingerbread ... doubt that has anything to do with it though.

javadayaz

Jan 18, 2011, 8:16:44 PM1/18/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com
no i dont think it does....

but here comes the refresh.....yep working +1

Ken Friberg

Jan 18, 2011, 8:45:40 PM1/18/11
to listen-...@googlegroups.com, javadayaz
just did a refresh with no changes and it is back up.

Squirrelly

Jan 19, 2011, 3:53:41 AM1/19/11
to listen-discuss
Was down since 1/13. Now working again (at least for the moment)
without any changes here either. Hopefully means they fixed whatever
got changed in Reader. Woot.

Miguel Morales

Jan 19, 2011, 6:25:49 AM1/19/11
to listen-discuss
I don't know why, but Listen is working again without any new change
done by me. What I don't know is how much time this will work. Google
must open this software as soon as posible allowing people to solve
this kind of things in a shorter time.
It is loading more messages.