check_policy_service fail handle

Tomas Macek

Feb 7, 2007, 7:54:04 AM2/7/07
Hi all, I have this configuration settings in main.cf:

smtpd_client_restrictions = check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:24575

The problem is, that if the program, that listens on port 24575 fails (for example there was some SIGSEG), the server answers "450 Server configuration problem". Is there any way how to accept the mail for another policy check when the policy service fails? I don'w want the server to say config problem, I want it to somehow skip the check a proceed next one.

Thanks, Tomas

Matteo Niccoli

Feb 7, 2007, 8:09:41 AM2/7/07
Tomas Macek ha scritto:

> The problem is, that if the program, that listens on port 24575
> fails (for example there was some SIGSEG), the server answers
> "450 Server configuration problem". Is there any way how to accept
> the mail for another policy check when the policy service fails?
> I don'w want the server to say config problem, I want it to somehow
> skip the check a proceed next one.

No, it's no possible now. I have had the same problem and I solved
with a simple patch that instead of return 450 Server Configuration
Problem, return CHECK_SMTPD_OK. It's a orrible way to workaround
this problem, but the main need, for me, is to delivery email.