Blocking attached files

Ronan Lucio

Aug 9, 2006, 6:01:46 PM8/9/06
Hello,

Is there a way to block attachments for outbound messages
for only one account?

Thanks,
Ronan

Magnus Bäck

Aug 9, 2006, 6:06:09 PM8/9/06
On Thursday, August 10, 2006 at 00:01 CEST,
Ronan Lucio <ron...@videosoft.com.br> wrote:

> Is there a way to block attachments for outbound messages
> for only one account?

No, not without a content filter or milter that provides this service.

Also note that Postfix doesn't really have an account concept.
There are clients, sender addresses, recipient addresses,
and SASL users.

--
Magnus Bäck
mag...@dsek.lth.se

Octavio

Aug 9, 2006, 6:28:58 PM8/9/06
do you have any content filter? mailscanner?

--- Magnus Bäck <mag...@dsek.lth.se> escribió:

Correo Yahoo!

Ronan Lucio

Aug 9, 2006, 6:32:50 PM8/9/06
Magnus,

Thank you very much for your answer.

>> Is there a way to block attachments for outbound messages
>> for only one account?
>
> No, not without a content filter or milter that provides this service.

OK, and do you know about some content_filter that do it?
Preferable one that isn愒 Amavisd.

> Also note that Postfix doesn't really have an account concept.
> There are clients, sender addresses, recipient addresses,
> and SASL users.

And do you know a content_filter that can block attachment for
a specific sender? It悲 solve my problem.

Thank you,
Ronan

Magnus Bäck

Aug 9, 2006, 6:32:54 PM8/9/06
On Thursday, August 10, 2006 at 00:28 CEST,
Octavio <octavi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Magnus Bäck <mag...@dsek.lth.se> escribió:
>

> > No, not without a content filter or milter that provides this
> > service.
> >
> > Also note that Postfix doesn't really have an account concept.
> > There are clients, sender addresses, recipient addresses, and
> > SASL users.
>

> do you have any content filter? mailscanner?

MailScanner is not recommended for use with Postfix (read the archives).

amavisd-new is a popular choice that I believe provides banning of
filenames depending on the sender or recipient address.

Stop top-posting. Now.

--
Magnus Bäck
mag...@dsek.lth.se

Ronan Lucio

Aug 9, 2006, 6:33:45 PM8/9/06
Octavio,

> do you have any content filter? mailscanner?

Yes. clamsmptd and policyd.

Thank you,
Ronan

Ronan Lucio

Aug 10, 2006, 9:39:20 AM8/10/06
> MailScanner is not recommended for use with Postfix (read the archives).
>
> amavisd-new is a popular choice that I believe provides banning of
> filenames depending on the sender or recipient address.

OK Magnus,
Thank you very much for you answer.

Ronan

Octavio

Aug 10, 2006, 9:06:18 PM8/10/06
I was thinking on MailScanner, it has that option, why
it is not recomended I have been using it with very
good results

Octavio

--- Magnus Bäck <mag...@dsek.lth.se> escribió:

> On Thursday, August 10, 2006 at 00:28 CEST,
> Octavio <octavi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > --- Magnus Bäck <mag...@dsek.lth.se> escribió:
> >
> > > No, not without a content filter or milter that
> provides this
> > > service.
> > >
> > > Also note that Postfix doesn't really have an
> account concept.
> > > There are clients, sender addresses, recipient
> addresses, and
> > > SASL users.
> >
> > do you have any content filter? mailscanner?
>
> MailScanner is not recommended for use with Postfix
> (read the archives).
>
> amavisd-new is a popular choice that I believe
> provides banning of
> filenames depending on the sender or recipient
> address.
>
> Stop top-posting. Now.
>
> --
> Magnus Bäck
> mag...@dsek.lth.se

Magnus Bäck

Aug 11, 2006, 4:22:01 AM8/11/06
On Friday, August 11, 2006 at 03:06 CEST,
Octavio <octavi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Magnus Bäck <mag...@dsek.lth.se> escribió:
>

> > MailScanner is not recommended for use with Postfix (read the
> > archives).
>

> I was thinking on MailScanner, it has that option, why it is not
> recomended I have been using it with very good results

It interacts with Postfix in unsupported ways, sometimes causing
lost or damaged messages. As I said, read the archives.

Either you stop top-posting, or I stop responding to your posts.

--
Magnus Bäck
mag...@dsek.lth.se

Craig White

Aug 11, 2006, 8:29:42 AM8/11/06
On Fri, 2006-08-11 at 10:22 +0200, Magnus Bäck wrote:
> On Friday, August 11, 2006 at 03:06 CEST,

> Octavio <octavi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > --- Magnus Bäck <mag...@dsek.lth.se> escribió:
> >
> > > MailScanner is not recommended for use with Postfix (read the
> > > archives).
> >
> > I was thinking on MailScanner, it has that option, why it is not
> > recomended I have been using it with very good results
>
> It interacts with Postfix in unsupported ways, sometimes causing
> lost or damaged messages. As I said, read the archives.
----
Well I have never noticed lost or damaged messages and I use
Postfix/MailScanner on a number of client servers.

Craig

Magnus Bäck

Aug 11, 2006, 8:40:18 AM8/11/06
On Friday, August 11, 2006 at 14:29 CEST,
Craig White <craig...@azapple.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-08-11 at 10:22 +0200, Magnus Bäck wrote:
>
> > It interacts with Postfix in unsupported ways, sometimes causing
> > lost or damaged messages. As I said, read the archives.
>

> Well I have never noticed lost or damaged messages and I use
> Postfix/MailScanner on a number of client servers.

The list archives contains examples of a number of cases where messages
have been lost or damaged because of MailScanner. A reliable content
filter should not have such a track record. Over and out.

--
Magnus Bäck
mag...@dsek.lth.se

Wietse Venema

Aug 11, 2006, 8:47:00 AM8/11/06
Craig White:

> On Fri, 2006-08-11 at 10:22 +0200, Magnus B?ck wrote:
> > On Friday, August 11, 2006 at 03:06 CEST,
> > Octavio <octavi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > > --- Magnus B?ck <mag...@dsek.lth.se> escribi?:

> > > I was thinking on MailScanner, it has that option, why it is not
> > > recomended I have been using it with very good results
> >
> > It interacts with Postfix in unsupported ways, sometimes causing
> > lost or damaged messages. As I said, read the archives.
> ----
> Well I have never noticed lost or damaged messages and I use
> Postfix/MailScanner on a number of client servers.

How would you notice loss of mail? Wait until someone calls
you on the phone?

Wietse