Grupos de Google ya no admite publicaciones ni suscripciones nuevas de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue visible.

[Samba] Difference Copy and Move at inheriting

6 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Matthias Spork

no leída,
4 mar 2005, 12:50:19 p.m.4/3/05
para
Hello,

if I copy or create a file or directory, it inherits the permissions of
it's parent. If I move a file from one directory
to another, it will not inherit the permissions of the target-directory.
Why?

[daten]
comment = Daten
path = /samba/daten
inherit permissions = yes
inherit ACLS = yes
nt acl support = no
writeable = yes
hide unreadable = yes
veto files = /.*/
root preexec = /etc/samba/scripts/mk_sambadir
"/samba/daten/.recycle/%U" "%U" "%g"
vfs object = recycle
recycle:repository=.recycle/%U
recycle:versions=True
recycle:keeptree=True

Thanks for your responses.
matze

Matthias Spork

no leída,
8 mar 2005, 6:40:14 a.m.8/3/05
para

Kaplan, Marc

no leída,
8 mar 2005, 12:00:13 p.m.8/3/05
para
This is just the way filesystems work. Doing a move of a file/directory
does no kind of re-evaluation of permissions/ACLs, because it's
essentially just doing a rename.

You can see the same thing with Windows, create a file named c:\a.txt,
then create a directory named c:\a.dir. Set some inheritance permissions
on c:\a.dir, create a new file named c:\a.dir\file1.txt. Notice that
file1.txt has inherited the permissions from a.dir. Now, do a move of
c:\a.txt to c:\a.dir. Look at the permissions of c:\a.dir\a.txt and
notice that a.txt did *not* inherit the permissions that are set on the
directory c:\a.dir.

Again, this is just the way that filesystems work.

-Marc

0 mensajes nuevos