ppp help needed

Bas de Beer

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
Hello everyone,

I found this mail right under here in my mail. It's from someone in
Bangladesh who has no access to mail servers apperently. This is bad, isn;t
it: I find newsgroups a very good help those times I pretty stuck into Unix.
SO lets help the man oke?

Thing is I don't kno very much about the ppp stuff myself, that's where this
posting comes in. Anyone with good idea's can mail them to me
(bas...@knoware.nl) or directly at raq...@hotmail.com for that matter.

I will tell him about the ppp howto but I guess he has found it already.

Thanks!

BB

I'm Hassan from Bangladesh (beside India) seeking some basic Linux (RH 5.2)
help from you. I'm sorry to cause u trouble but ..... I don't have any
posting capability to news servers in US. Besides, we don't have any news
server here in Bangladesh :-(

Please help me building up a script for user terminal screen when they
login thru Win95 ppp to a RH machine (no pap, chap). I set the RH up and
the user gets a login and passwd prompt. After authorization, users get the
shell prompt where they need to type "ppp" to start the pppd deamon. So I
did an alias for "ppp" and SUID for pppd.

Now I don't want the users to get the shell prompt. Instead they will get a
menu based terminal to choose the services with.

A needed sample menu for my RH machine :

Please choose the number bellow for your Necessary Services.
1. Using Internet
2. Change Password (after changing it they must get back to this prompt)
3. Quit this session

Option :

Now, how to prepare it, please ? I don't know C++ but ... I need to prepare
this script :-)
Can you please help me, please. Thanks in advance.

______
Hassan