[WATCHDOG] Push SBC8360 driver upstream

1 view

Ian E. Morgan

Sep 9, 2005, 4:20:11 PM9/9/05
I would like to ask that the SBC8360 watchdog driver be pushed upstream from
-mm in time for the 2.6.14-rc series.

I recognise that this driver, like a lot of the watchdog drivers, is for a
piece of hardware this is present in only a very small percentage of
hardware runnig Linux. I doubt that being in -mm for a long time will make
any significant difference to it being more widely tested. The driver is
working perfectly as expected on each of the machines we've tested it on.

As a recap, the driver was submitted to akpm, was included in -mm1
(watchdog-new-sbc8360-driver.patch), offloaded to Wim's
linux-2.6-watchdog-mm.git tree (commit
88b1f50923d14195ac1a50840fc4aa4066f067a9), and subsequently included in -mm2
by way of the combined git-watchdog.patch.

Please consider merging this driver into 2.6.14-rc1. Thanks.

Regards,
Ian Morgan

Andrew Morton

Sep 9, 2005, 4:40:11 PM9/9/05
"Ian E. Morgan" <imo...@webcon.ca> wrote:

> I would like to ask that the SBC8360 watchdog driver be pushed upstream from
> -mm in time for the 2.6.14-rc series.

That's in Wim's tree now.

Wim, could you please prepare a pull for Linus within the next couple of days?

Wim Van Sebroeck

Sep 10, 2005, 5:10:09 AM9/10/05
Hi Andrew, Ian,

> > I would like to ask that the SBC8360 watchdog driver be pushed upstream from
> > -mm in time for the 2.6.14-rc series.
>
> That's in Wim's tree now.

I'm preparing the tree for linus to pull from. Should be there by the end of the weekend.
(Will probably contain 6 drivers + some updates of some other drivers).

Greetings,
Wim.