sharp zaurus-5500: looking for testers

Pavel Machek

Nov 1, 2005, 7:10:07 PM11/1/05
Hi!

Is there someone out there, with sharp zaurus sl-5500, willing to test
kernels? There's a linux-z tree on kernel.org, which I try to more or
less keep in sync with mainline, that is slowly starting to get
usable. It could use some testing.

Main drawback is that battery charging is not yet done; touchscreen is
there but I did not have chance to test it with proper userspace
filtering.
Pavel
--
Thanks, Sharp!
-

Keenan Pepper

Nov 2, 2005, 1:10:07 AM11/2/05
Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is there someone out there, with sharp zaurus sl-5500, willing to test
> kernels? There's a linux-z tree on kernel.org, which I try to more or
> less keep in sync with mainline, that is slowly starting to get
> usable. It could use some testing.
>
> Main drawback is that battery charging is not yet done; touchscreen is
> there but I did not have chance to test it with proper userspace
> filtering.
> Pavel

Ooh ooh ooh! Me me me!

Have to go to bed right now (it's 1 in the morning in Florida), but I'll try it
out as soon as I have time.

Keenan

Pavel Machek

Nov 2, 2005, 8:50:08 AM11/2/05
Hi!

> >Is there someone out there, with sharp zaurus sl-5500, willing to test
> >kernels? There's a linux-z tree on kernel.org, which I try to more or
> >less keep in sync with mainline, that is slowly starting to get
> >usable. It could use some testing.
> >
> >Main drawback is that battery charging is not yet done; touchscreen is
> >there but I did not have chance to test it with proper userspace
> >filtering.
> > Pavel
>
> Ooh ooh ooh! Me me me!
>
> Have to go to bed right now (it's 1 in the morning in Florida), but I'll
> try it out as soon as I have time.

Try getting / compiling linux-z tree when you wake up :-). [I hope git
will be synced by then.]
Pavel
--
Thanks, Sharp!

Carlos Martin

Nov 2, 2005, 5:50:12 PM11/2/05
On 02/11/05, Pavel Machek <pa...@ucw.cz> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is there someone out there, with sharp zaurus sl-5500, willing to test
> kernels? There's a linux-z tree on kernel.org, which I try to more or
> less keep in sync with mainline, that is slowly starting to get
> usable. It could use some testing.

I cloned your tree but it said one of the packs wasn't in the index. I
don't have the exact error message, sorry. I'll try again tomorrow.
Also your git tree (repository?) in kernel.org is a bit broken. The
git web interface gives me 403 error when I try to see a diff in your
zaurus.git tree, and there's stuff that appears to be missing (history
and commits).

> Main drawback is that battery charging is not yet done; touchscreen is
> there but I did not have chance to test it with proper userspace
> filtering.

Does this mean the battery won't get charged when using the 2.6
kernel, or that it won't get reported?

cmn
--
Carlos Martín Nieto http://www.cmartin.tk

"¿Han entendido?"
"Sí, nosotros vemos La 2" -- Emilio, "Aquí no hay quien viva"

Pavel Machek

Nov 2, 2005, 6:00:47 PM11/2/05
Hi!

> > Is there someone out there, with sharp zaurus sl-5500, willing to test
> > kernels? There's a linux-z tree on kernel.org, which I try to more or
> > less keep in sync with mainline, that is slowly starting to get
> > usable. It could use some testing.
>
> I cloned your tree but it said one of the packs wasn't in the index. I
> don't have the exact error message, sorry. I'll try again tomorrow.
> Also your git tree (repository?) in kernel.org is a bit broken. The
> git web interface gives me 403 error when I try to see a diff in your
> zaurus.git tree, and there's stuff that appears to be missing (history
> and commits).

Yes, I'm working on that. Slow line, so I try to pick pack files from
linus locally.

> > Main drawback is that battery charging is not yet done; touchscreen is
> > there but I did not have chance to test it with proper userspace
> > filtering.
>
> Does this mean the battery won't get charged when using the 2.6
> kernel, or that it won't get reported?

Won't get charged. One trick is remove battery before booting 2.6 and
work from AC power.

Pavel
--
Thanks, Sharp!

Pavel Machek

Nov 3, 2005, 7:10:09 PM11/3/05
Hi!

> > > Is there someone out there, with sharp zaurus sl-5500, willing to test
> > > kernels? There's a linux-z tree on kernel.org, which I try to more or
> > > less keep in sync with mainline, that is slowly starting to get
> > > usable. It could use some testing.
> >
> > I cloned your tree but it said one of the packs wasn't in the index. I
> > don't have the exact error message, sorry. I'll try again tomorrow.
> > Also your git tree (repository?) in kernel.org is a bit broken. The
> > git web interface gives me 403 error when I try to see a diff in your
> > zaurus.git tree, and there's stuff that appears to be missing (history
> > and commits).
>
> Yes, I'm working on that. Slow line, so I try to pick pack files from
> linus locally.

My trees on kernel.org should be up-to-date now. I had to play some
tricks with find / cp locally on kernel.org, otherwise it would take
ages.

Carlos Martin

Nov 4, 2005, 8:40:06 AM11/4/05
On 04/11/05, Pavel Machek <pa...@ucw.cz> wrote:
> My trees on kernel.org should be up-to-date now. I had to play some
> tricks with find / cp locally on kernel.org, otherwise it would take
> ages.

I downloaded it yesterday and I've already built it. Now I just need
to flash the zarurus and I'll report back.