[gentoo-user] non-root user switch gcc version ?

Helmut Jarausch

Feb 24, 2011, 6:20:01 AM2/24/11

many distributions have something like a 'switch' command such that an
ordinary user can switch the version of his/her default gcc compiler.

Is there something similar in GenToo?

Many thanks for a hint,
Helmut.

Gregory Shearman

Feb 24, 2011, 7:00:04 AM2/24/11

$ gcc-config -h

--
Regards,
Gregory.

Gregory Shearman

Feb 24, 2011, 7:10:01 AM2/24/11
In linux.gentoo.user, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> many distributions have something like a 'switch' command such that an
> ordinary user can switch the version of his/her default gcc compiler.
>
> Is there something similar in GenToo?
>
> Many thanks for a hint,

Forgive previous post. Didn't read it properly. I'm not aware of any
user switching program but perhaps you can manually select your gcc
profile by using /usr/bin/gcc-x.x.x rather than gcc.

--
Regards,
Gregory.

Alex Schuster

Feb 24, 2011, 7:10:01 AM2/24/11
Gregory Shearman writes:

> > many distributions have something like a 'switch' command such that an
> > ordinary user can switch the version of his/her default gcc compiler.
> >
> > Is there something similar in GenToo?
> >
> > Many thanks for a hint,
>
> $ gcc-config -h

wonko@weird ~ $ gcc-config 3
* gcc-config: Must be root.

Wonko

Mike Gilbert

Feb 24, 2011, 6:30:01 PM2/24/11

You could do something like the following:

# Set environment
eval $(gcc-conifg -E <profile>)

# Set library path
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$(gcc-config -L <profile)