跳至第一則未讀訊息

Jorge Almeida

未讀,
2006年9月4日 上午11:10:324/9/2006
收件者︰
I just upgraded vim a few hours ago to 7.0.17. Now syntax colours are
simply chaotic, to the point that I would be better off with nano or
such (but I'm not that desperate yet). etc-update wanted to update
/etc/vim/vimrc, and I said yes without looking because I knew I didn't
had it personalized. I also finished recompiling everything yesterday,
due to change to gcc-4.1.1, so I can't be sure that the problem is
caused by today's update.
Any suggestion?
--
Jorge Almeida

Timothy A. Holmes

未讀,
2006年9月4日 下午3:50:104/9/2006
收件者︰
Hi folks:

I have a laptop with a 1440x900 display panel and I would really like to
use the Gentoo2006 (honeycomb) theme for my splash. How do I convert /
modify / whatever the graphic to be able to be used on my big display.

Thanks

TIM

Timothy A. Holmes
IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher

Medina Christian Academy
A Higher Standard...

Jeremiah 33:3
Jeremiah 29:11
Esther 4:14

Richard Fish

未讀,
2006年9月4日 下午5:30:104/9/2006
收件者︰
On 9/4/06, Jorge Almeida <jalm...@math.ist.utl.pt> wrote:
> I just upgraded vim a few hours ago to 7.0.17. Now syntax colours are
> simply chaotic, to the point that I would be better off with nano or
> such (but I'm not that desperate yet). etc-update wanted to update
> /etc/vim/vimrc, and I said yes without looking because I knew I didn't
> had it personalized. I also finished recompiling everything yesterday,
> due to change to gcc-4.1.1, so I can't be sure that the problem is
> caused by today's update.
> Any suggestion?

You can try restoring the previous version (6.4) and see if it is
still a problem:

emerge --oneshot =app-editors/vim-6.4

If this fixes things up, you can try the upgrade again, but take a
closer look at the differences between the 6.4 and 7.0.17 vimrc files.
In particular, if you have a ~/.vimrc file, you might need to make
some changes, and the diff between the two might help you figure out
what to change.

HTH,
-Richard

Jorge Almeida

未讀,
2006年9月4日 下午5:50:084/9/2006
收件者︰
On Mon, 4 Sep 2006, Richard Fish wrote:

> On 9/4/06, Jorge Almeida <jalm...@math.ist.utl.pt> wrote:
>
> You can try restoring the previous version (6.4) and see if it is
> still a problem:

I already did. Can't be without vim, and syntax files are a must.
> emerge --oneshot =app-editors/vim-6.4
Everything went back to normal.

> If this fixes things up, you can try the upgrade again, but take a
> closer look at the differences between the 6.4 and 7.0.17 vimrc files.

I checked /etc/vim/vimrc. The differences seemed unrelated to colouring
and indentation...
And I also read the version 7 sections of the vim manual.

> In particular, if you have a ~/.vimrc file, you might need to make
> some changes, and the diff between the two might help you figure out
> what to change.

I have, but it doesn't contain any customization related to syntax
files, just some mappings that didn't break...

Thanks.

Jorge

Iain Buchanan

未讀,
2006年9月4日 下午8:30:104/9/2006
收件者︰
On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 15:44 -0400, Timothy A. Holmes wrote:
> Hi folks:
>
> I have a laptop with a 1440x900 display panel and I would really like to
> use the Gentoo2006 (honeycomb) theme for my splash. How do I convert /
> modify / whatever the graphic to be able to be used on my big display.

Have you read the gentoo-wiki[1] on gensplash? Note it says:

"Note that just because your monitor and graphics card support a
certain resolution, it doesn't mean that your Video BIOS - and by
extension your frame buffer device does."

It goes through some info on non-standard resolutions, but I haven't
tried that part of the instructions, as my 1680x1050 is now "standard"!

[1] http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_fbsplash

HTH,

Wishing without work is like fishing without bait.
-- Frank Tyger

Timothy A. Holmes

未讀,
2006年9月5日 上午8:10:045/9/2006
收件者︰

> Have you read the gentoo-wiki[1] on gensplash? Note it says:
>
> "Note that just because your monitor and graphics card support a
> certain resolution, it doesn't mean that your Video BIOS - and by
> extension your frame buffer device does."
>
> It goes through some info on non-standard resolutions, but I haven't
> tried that part of the instructions, as my 1680x1050 is now
"standard"!

> [1] http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_fbsplash
>
> HTH,
> --
[Timothy A. Holmes]

Iain - I had missed that - the copy of the wiki article I have was
printed some time ago, so It may have been added later or (quite
possibly) I just plain missed it - thanks

Iain Buchanan

未讀,
2006年9月5日 上午8:20:095/9/2006
收件者︰
On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 08:04 -0400, Timothy A. Holmes wrote:

> > Have you read the gentoo-wiki[1] on gensplash? Note it says:
> >
> > "Note that just because your monitor and graphics card support a
> > certain resolution, it doesn't mean that your Video BIOS - and by
> > extension your frame buffer device does."
> >
> > It goes through some info on non-standard resolutions, but I haven't
> > tried that part of the instructions, as my 1680x1050 is now
> "standard"!
> >
> > [1] http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_fbsplash

> Iain - I had missed that - the copy of the wiki article I have was

> printed some time ago, so It may have been added later or (quite
> possibly) I just plain missed it - thanks

so for the record, does that mean you got it to work, or you didn't get
it to work? Did you try making your own resolution-ed framebuffer
image?

Always think of something new; this helps you forget your last rotten idea.
-- Seth Frankel

Dimitris Kavadas

未讀,
2006年9月5日 上午8:40:045/9/2006
收件者︰
On 9/4/06, Jorge Almeida <jalm...@math.ist.utl.pt > wrote:

After my upgrade to vim 7 syntax colors changed too.
The difference was that it autmatically sets the color scheme
used with dark background.
So just the following addition to my vimrc fixed my syntax color problem:

set background=light

Jorge Almeida

未讀,
2006年9月5日 上午8:50:085/9/2006
收件者︰

Well, I never use a black background, except on vt's, on emergencies.

I already know what the problem was, thanks to the vim list. The perl.vim
syntax file used by gentoo is broken. I downloaded the current version
to ~/.vim/syntax/ and it is OK now.

Timothy A. Holmes

未讀,
2006年9月5日 上午9:00:115/9/2006
收件者︰

[Timothy A. Holmes]

Iain:

I have not gotten it to work, simply because I haven't had time to try
-- I got to work this morning to face a MOUNTAIN of projects and 4
classes to teach :) I will be working on it later on (when later on is,
im no sure)

I tried in the past to resize the image in gimp, and the image came
through, but was badly distored (colors) In that case I had used the
2004 splash (I think it was) -- I tried that a couple months ago

Richard Fish

未讀,
2006年9月5日 下午1:10:095/9/2006
收件者︰
On 9/5/06, Jorge Almeida <jalm...@math.ist.utl.pt> wrote:
> I already know what the problem was, thanks to the vim list. The perl.vim
> syntax file used by gentoo is broken.

Jorge,

Could I convince you to file a bug report on bugs.gentoo.org about that?

Jorge Almeida

未讀,
2006年9月5日 下午3:10:115/9/2006
收件者︰
On Tue, 5 Sep 2006, Richard Fish wrote:

> Jorge,
>
> Could I convince you to file a bug report on bugs.gentoo.org about that?

Richard:

I tried, but the reproducibility issue is weird.
Take a look at this block of code:
sub reloadlist{
my $self=shift;
# my $logdir=$self->{'dir'};
opendir(D,$logdir) || do{
print "Couldn\'t open directory ${logdir}: $!";
return 1;
};
my @heavy=grep(!/^\./, readdir(D));
closedir D || do{
print "Couldn\'t close directory ${logdir}: $!";
return 1;
};
my %heavy=();
my %numbers=();
my @full=();
for (@heavy){
/^[^_]*_(.*)/;
if(exists($numbers{$1})){
$numbers{$1}++;
}else{
$numbers{$1}=1;
}
push @full, "$1:$numbers{$1}:$_";
$heavy{$1}{$numbers{$1}}=$_;
}
@full=sort @full;
$self->{'full'}=\@full;
$self->{'heavy'}=\%heavy;
return 1;
}
Sure enough, colours are wrong. But pressing 'o' with cursor on line 4
(in normal mode) produces a new line with proper indentation. The same
action in the block of code of my former email produced bad
indentation...
On the other hand, uncommenting line 3 brings right colours for lines
after 3 (but not for 2 and 3).
There is no doubt that the file is wrong, but it seems difficult to
point the problem with accuracy.
If the package maintainer were reading this, the solution is simple: use
the current version:
" Vim syntax file
" Language: Perl
" Maintainer: Nick Hibma <ni...@van-laarhoven.org>