[gentoo-user] libnvidia-tls.so.1: cannot handle TLS data

0 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

newbie

ungelesen,
18.08.2004, 14:10:1318.08.04
an
$xmms
libnvidia-tls.so.1: cannot handle TLS data
$emerge -pv

I have found that many codes compiled with opengl
failed like this,though I have emerge them ,nvidia-glx and
nvidia-kernel again after I compiled kernel 2.6.8.

Certainly,I do run "opengl-update nvidia" after that.

I have read this article:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=192262&highlight=nvidia

But my glxinfo work fine,and I have no /usr/lib32 also.

$uname -s -r -m -p -i -o
Linux 2.6.8 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1800+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
( stable version of kernel 2.6.8 was downloaded from www.kernel.org )

Would you like give me some help?

Best regards,
beginmail

Calvin Walton

ungelesen,
18.08.2004, 16:00:1918.08.04
an
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 02:08:03 +0800, newbie <begi...@126.com> wrote:
> $xmms
> libnvidia-tls.so.1: cannot handle TLS data
> $emerge -pv
>
> I have found that many codes compiled with opengl
> failed like this,though I have emerge them ,nvidia-glx and
> nvidia-kernel again after I compiled kernel 2.6.8.
>
> Would you like give me some help?
>
> Best regards,
> beginmail

I have had a problem similar to this. I was able to work around it by running

cp /usr/lib/opengl/nvidia/lib/libnvidia-tls.so.1.0.6111
/usr/lib/opengl/nvidia/tls/

opengl-update nvidia

It seems that the nvidia glx stuff includes two copies of the
libnvidia-tls (each is a different file size), and only one of them
works? The command above copies the one that works over top of the one
that doesn't.

If this doesn't work, you can get it back the way it was by running
"emerge nvidia-glx" again.

This reminds me, i was going to check for a bug report about this, and
make one if there isn't one.

--
Calvin Walton

newbie

ungelesen,
18.08.2004, 20:20:0418.08.04
an
It really works! Thank you very much!

yeah ,each is in different size,was created in the same time with same name.
cd /usr/lib/opengl/nvidia,then I get the list:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2352 Aug 19 02:10 lib/libnvidia-tls.so.1.0.6111
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2004 Aug 19 02:10 tls/libnvidia-tls.so.1.0.6111

Something wrong with ebuild or makefile? I doubt.
And are you one of the maintainers of gentoo? May you suceed!Await for
your patch,;-)

> --
> Calvin Walton
>
> --