[gentoo-dev] LINGUAS support

Tuan Van

May 15, 2006, 3:20:09 PM5/15/06
The other day spyderous was looking for a tool to remove extra .po
that he doesn't need. I recommended him to set LINGUAS in make.conf.
Then I realized some package doesn't respect that variable (ie eject)
Would it be better (easier) to have portage removes those extra
locales in $D/usr/share/locale/ before merge than patch the source?

Michael Sterrett -Mr. Bones.-

May 15, 2006, 4:00:10 PM5/15/06
localepurge works fine. No need for portage to do it.

Michael Sterrett
-Mr. Bones.-
mr_b...@gentoo.org

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò

May 15, 2006, 4:00:15 PM5/15/06
On Monday 15 May 2006 21:09, Tuan Van wrote:
> The other day spyderous was looking for a tool to remove extra .po
> that he doesn't need. I recommended him to set LINGUAS in make.conf.

in bashrc:

if [[ ${EBUILD_PHASE} == "postinst" ]]; then
einfo "Running localepurge..."
PATH="/bin:/usr/bin" localepurge
fi

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE

Harald van Dijk

May 15, 2006, 4:10:09 PM5/15/06

Part of bug #9988, the response was that it didn't belong in portage.