java-gcj installation bug

David Baron

Jul 12, 2009, 10:40:08 AM7/12/09
Setting up java-gcj-compat-headless (1.0.80-5.1) ...
update-alternatives: error: alternative rmiregistry can't be master: it is a
slave of java
dpkg: error processing java-gcj-compat-headless (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2

Anyone fixed this?

Fred

Jul 29, 2009, 12:10:23 PM7/29/09
On Sunday 12 July 2009 16:16:07 David Baron wrote:
> Setting up java-gcj-compat-headless (1.0.80-5.1) ...
> update-alternatives: error: alternative rmiregistry can't be master: it is
> a slave of java
> dpkg: error processing java-gcj-compat-headless (--configure):
> subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
>
> Anyone fixed this?

No fix. But I have the same issue. I didn't manage to fix it.

If I'm not wrong, I think it's a bug in update-java-alternatives from java-
common.

I'm running debian unstable, same package version than yours.

See: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=466661

Any other hint would be appreciated.

Fred.

signature.asc

Fred

Aug 1, 2009, 3:30:14 PM8/1/09
On Sunday 12 July 2009 16:16:07 David Baron wrote:
> Setting up java-gcj-compat-headless (1.0.80-5.1) ...
> update-alternatives: error: alternative rmiregistry can't be master: it is
> a slave of java
> dpkg: error processing java-gcj-compat-headless (--configure):
> subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
>
> Anyone fixed this?

Hi David,

To let you know that I managed to fix this issue.

I installed default-jre package and I purge all packages containing gcj/gij in
their name.

By doing this, I got openjdk 1.6 installed by default which is fine for me and
this solved the issue.

Now, I didn't tell there are no bugs in the java package dependencies or in
the configuration of update-alternative for these packages.

Well... I'm happy with this fix :)

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Fred.