KDE4 dual monitor window maximizing behaviour

M. Henne

Apr 19, 2009, 6:40:12 AM4/19/09
Hello,

this is about SID and KDE 4.2.2 .

Just like in the latest SID-Package for KDE 3.5.10, the maximizing
behaviour for windows is broken for dual monitor configurations.

I cannot find a setting that to tell kde4 to maximize a window
only to the current monitor, not spanning it over both monitors.

I could try using different Screens (0.0 and 0.1) but then I
couldnt drag windows from one monitor to the other.

It worked well with KDE 3.5 (except for the last version uploaded
for sid).

This slows down my workflow a lot. Before I can actually start
working with an application that just came up on my screen I
have to use the mouse to arrange the windows by hand. I have
resize by hand, trying to come close to the size of my monitor
and I have to drag it to the right position.

It's terrible. Feels like .... yes, it feels like Windows. Slow
workflow, lot of mouse usage for simple actions. Hm.

Can someone help me out? I use nvidia drivers. I didn't change
any xorg.conf-Setting since the days when all worked well.

--
Martin

Kent West

Apr 19, 2009, 9:10:08 AM4/19/09
M. Henne wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this is about SID and KDE 4.2.2 .
>
> Just like in the latest SID-Package for KDE 3.5.10, the maximizing
> behaviour for windows is broken for dual monitor configurations.
>
> I cannot find a setting that to tell kde4 to maximize a window
> only to the current monitor, not spanning it over both monitors.

Ah, I'm glad you mentioned this. I started having this problem after my
last update a week or three ago. I haven't pursued it, but I'm glad (?!)
to see I'm not the only one. The problem is irritating, ain't it?

--
Kent

M. Henne

Apr 19, 2009, 10:00:13 AM4/19/09
Kent West wrote:

> but I'm glad (?!)
> to see I'm not the only one. The problem is irritating, ain't it?

It is. One of my favourite benefits using linux is to be able to
work fast with less mouse usage. Not 'no mouse' but only mouse
where it makes sense (Drawings, GUI-Development). KDE 3.5 (without
the bug) supported my working style very well.

To resize and position each and every window that opens is a pain.

Not only that the maximizing does not work correctly, I could not
tell KDE to open windows on monitor "1" (the right one that is
in front of me). They always pop up either in the center or
at the left monitor (which is placed on the left corner of my
office table).

As KDE4 has some more drawbacks even in Version 4.2.2, I lost some
good arguments for linux in linux courses I give for people who
want to switch from Windows, but that's another story... I wished
they would call it KDE 3.99 beta or something.

By the way: Does anybody know, where I can get a little input line on
a task bar to start applications directly like it was available for
KDE 3 and like it's available in icewm when pressing CTRL-Space?

--
Martin

David Goodenough

Apr 19, 2009, 12:10:14 PM4/19/09
On Sunday 19 April 2009, M. Henne wrote:
> Kent West wrote:
> > but I'm glad (?!)
> > to see I'm not the only one. The problem is irritating, ain't it?
>
> It is. One of my favourite benefits using linux is to be able to
> work fast with less mouse usage. Not 'no mouse' but only mouse
> where it makes sense (Drawings, GUI-Development). KDE 3.5 (without
> the bug) supported my working style very well.
As an aside, my laptop has a dodgy left mouse button on the touchpad.
When I am at a desk I plug a mouse in, but when on the road having
to cart around a mouse is a pain. Oddly tapping the touchpad does
not work either. Is it possible to generate "left mouse pressed" from
the keyboard?

David

Bob Cox

Apr 19, 2009, 1:40:08 PM4/19/09
On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 16:59:35 +0100, David Goodenough (david.go...@btconnect.com) wrote:

> As an aside, my laptop has a dodgy left mouse button on the touchpad.
> When I am at a desk I plug a mouse in, but when on the road having
> to cart around a mouse is a pain. Oddly tapping the touchpad does
> not work either.

Oddly maybe and also possibly coincidence, but if not then it might be
some sort of touchpad driver problem?

Please reply to the list only. Do NOT send copies directly to me.

David Goodenough

Apr 19, 2009, 3:50:05 PM4/19/09
On Sunday 19 April 2009, Bob Cox wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 16:59:35 +0100, David Goodenough
(david.go...@btconnect.com) wrote:
> > As an aside, my laptop has a dodgy left mouse button on the touchpad.
> > When I am at a desk I plug a mouse in, but when on the road having
> > to cart around a mouse is a pain. Oddly tapping the touchpad does
> > not work either.
>
> Oddly maybe and also possibly coincidence, but if not then it might be
> some sort of touchpad driver problem?
I don' t think so, its been getting progressively worse over the last year.

David

Lancelot du Lac

Apr 20, 2009, 2:00:15 AM4/20/09
Greetings to everybody for my first post...

I can only join my voice to those who say this behavior is a pain.
Since this bug appears in 3.5.10, I'm currently pinning 3.5.9 for kwin.
(and I have to say it works well)

However this much probably won't be possible once kde4 is uploaded into
testing.
I certainly hope this is fixed before the uploading of kde4 in
Squeeze.

I have a question for you early kde4 adopters:
Did you try to fix it by compiling your own kwin 4.2.x?

I read somewhere that Xinerama support has to be opted-in at
compile-time, otherwise the relevant run-time options have no effect.
If the bug is not fixed when kde4 is released in testing, I will try
this myself; I'll let you know how this goes.

Regards,

--
Lancelot du Lac
http://www.contrees-du-reve.com

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.

Apr 20, 2009, 10:30:12 AM4/20/09
In <uPTGl.32674$Qh6...@newsfe14.iad>, Lancelot du Lac wrote:
>I can only join my voice to those who say this behavior is a pain.
>Since this bug appears in 3.5.10, I'm currently pinning 3.5.9 for kwin.
>(and I have to say it works well)
>
>However this much probably won't be possible once kde4 is uploaded into
>testing.
>I certainly hope this is fixed before the uploading of kde4 in
>Squeeze.

I use TwinView, including its fake Xinerama, and I'm not seeing the bug. That
said, I think I skipped from kwin in Etch to KDE 4.2 (initially from
experimental). I'm now on KDE 4.2 from unstable and maximizing to a single
monitor works fine, as done dragging windows between monitors.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
b...@iguanasuicide.net ((_/)o o(\_))

signature.asc

M. Henne

Apr 20, 2009, 6:20:09 PM4/20/09
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:

> I use TwinView, including its fake Xinerama, and I'm not seeing the bug.
> That said, I think I skipped from kwin in Etch to KDE 4.2 (initially from
> experimental). I'm now on KDE 4.2 from unstable and maximizing to a
> single monitor works fine, as done dragging windows between monitors.

This sounds interesting.

Can you explain the relevant sections in xorg.conf? What is 'fake Xinerama'
and how can I activate it?

--
Martin

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.

Apr 20, 2009, 7:50:05 PM4/20/09
In <75491vF...@mid.dfncis.de>, M. Henne wrote:
>Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
>> I use TwinView, including its fake Xinerama, and I'm not seeing the bug.
>> That said, I think I skipped from kwin in Etch to KDE 4.2 (initially from
>> experimental). I'm now on KDE 4.2 from unstable and maximizing to a
>> single monitor works fine, as done dragging windows between monitors.
>This sounds interesting.
>
>Can you explain the relevant sections in xorg.conf? What is 'fake Xinerama'
>and how can I activate it?

From what I understand, NVidia and ATI have other ways for treating multiple
monitors as a single X screen. NVidia calls theirs TwinView, I can't remember
what ATI calls theirs. In any case, neither of these require Xinerama to even
be supported in the X server, but can, in the correct (and at this point,
default, I think) configuration can pretend to be Xinerama. When either is
doing that, I refer to it as "fake Xinerama" -- that might just be a me thing.

Anyway, here's the sections from my xorg.conf:
Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "TwinView"
Screen 0 "Default Screen (TwinView)"
Option "Xinerama" "off"
InputDevice "Generic Keyboard"
InputDevice "Configured Mouse"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Default Screen (TwinView)"
Device "nVidia 7800 GTX (TwinView)"
DefaultDepth 24
SubSection "Display"
Depth 24
EndSubSection
SubSection "Display"
Depth 8
EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "nVidia 7800 GTX (TwinView)"
Driver "nvidia"
Option "NoLogo"
Option "RandRRotation" "on"
Option "ConstantDPI" "off"
Option "TwinView" "on"
Option "TwinViewOrientation" "DFP-0 RightOf DFP-1"
Option "MetaModes" "DFP-0: 1920x1200, DFP-1:
1280x1024; DFP-0: 640x480"
BusID "PCI:2:0:0"
EndSection

I also had Xinerama working for a while, but I switched over to TwinView in
the hopes that my OpenGL would behave better. It didn't work, but I never
switched back. My configuration for that is: (I wonder if it still works...)

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "Xinerama"
Screen 0 "Default Screen (0)"
Screen 1 "Default Screen (1)" LeftOf "Default Screen (0)"
Option "Xinerama" "on"
InputDevice "Generic Keyboard"
InputDevice "Configured Mouse"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Default Screen (0)"
Device "nVidia 7800 GTX (0)"
Monitor "Dell 2407WFP"
DefaultDepth 24
SubSection "Display"
Depth 24
EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Default Screen (1)"
Device "nVidia 7800 GTX (1)"
Monitor "Dell 1905FP"
DefaultDepth 24
SubSection "Display"
Depth 24
EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "nVidia 7800 GTX (0)"
Driver "nvidia"
Option "NoLogo"
Option "RandRRotation" "on"
Option "ConstantDPI" "off"
BusID "PCI:2:0:0"
Screen 0
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "nVidia 7800 GTX (1)"
Driver "nvidia"
Option "NoLogo"
Option "RandRRotation" "on"
Option "ConstantDPI" "off"
BusID "PCI:2:0:0"
Screen 1
EndSection

signature.asc

M. Henne

Apr 21, 2009, 8:00:16 AM4/21/09
Thank you Stephen for your configuration. I'll try that (at the
weekend I guess) and I will report if it helped me here for KDE4.

Martin

M. Henne

Apr 25, 2009, 5:50:06 AM4/25/09

Hi again,

Stephen, I could not get the configuration to work. If I use the
ServerLayout that you postet, the second monitor stays black.

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> Section "ServerLayout"
> Identifier "TwinView"
> Screen 0 "Default Screen (TwinView)"
> Option "Xinerama" "off"
> InputDevice "Generic Keyboard"
> InputDevice "Configured Mouse"
> EndSection

If I insert a reference to another screen Section (one
of the two I used before), I get back my second monitor,
but I still cannot maximize a window to one monitor
and everything is as bad as it was before.

What am I doing wrong?

Here's my new ServerLayout and the Screen Section I
additionaly refered to:

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "TwinView"
Screen "rightScreen" 0 0

Screen 0 "Default Screen (TwinView)"
Option "Xinerama" "off"

InputDevice "StandardKeyboard" "CoreKeyboard"
InputDevice "logitechOpticalMouse" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "rightScreen"
Device "nvidiaDevice"
Monitor "samtronMonitor"
DefaultDepth 24
Option "NoLogo" "false"
Option "TwinView"
Option "NoTwinViewXineramaInfo" "false"
Option "SecondMonitorHorizSync" "28-95"
Option "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "50-160"
# Option "MetaModes" "1280x960,1280x960"
Option "MetaModes" "1280x960, 1280x960; 1280x960, NULL ; 1152x864, NULL
; 1024x768, NULL ; 800x600, NULL ; 640x480, NULL"
Option "CursorShadow" "true"
Option "RandRRotation" "true"
Option "TwinViewOrientation" "LeftOf"
Option "ConnectedMonitor" "crt,crt"
SubSection "Display"
Depth 24
Modes "1280x960" "1152x864" "1024x768" "800x600"
EndSubSection
EndSection

# This is the other screen, taken from your former post

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Default Screen (TwinView)"

Device "nVidia 8800 GTX (TwinView)"

DefaultDepth 24
SubSection "Display"
Depth 24
EndSubSection
SubSection "Display"
Depth 8
EndSubSection
EndSection

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.

Apr 25, 2009, 5:00:18 PM4/25/09
In <75g304F...@mid.dfncis.de>, M. Henne wrote:
>Stephen, I could not get the configuration to work. If I use the
>ServerLayout that you postet, the second monitor stays black.

Then TwinView is not set up properly. When TwinView is working, you only need
one Screen value in the "ServerLayout" section. With TwinView the "Device"
section handles the layout of the separate monitors. Without TwinView the
"ServerLayout" section handles the layout of the separate monitors.

>Section "Screen"
> Identifier "rightScreen"
> Device "nvidiaDevice"
> Monitor "samtronMonitor"
> DefaultDepth 24

These options:

> Option "NoLogo" "false"
> Option "TwinView"
> Option "NoTwinViewXineramaInfo" "false"
> Option "SecondMonitorHorizSync" "28-95"
> Option "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "50-160"
> # Option "MetaModes" "1280x960,1280x960"
> Option "MetaModes" "1280x960, 1280x960; 1280x960, NULL ; 1152x864, NULL
>; 1024x768, NULL ; 800x600, NULL ; 640x480, NULL"
> Option "CursorShadow" "true"
> Option "RandRRotation" "true"
> Option "TwinViewOrientation" "LeftOf"
> Option "ConnectedMonitor" "crt,crt"

do not go in the "Screen" section. They go in the "Device" section. Correct
this should bring your second monitor back to life.

> SubSection "Display"
> Depth 24
> Modes "1280x960" "1152x864" "1024x768" "800x600"
> EndSubSection
>EndSection

signature.asc

M. Henne

Apr 26, 2009, 5:40:08 AM4/26/09

Hoy Stephen,

Thank you again for your patience.

Unfortunately I haven't made it so far, but I think I can
give a more detailed description of my systems behaviour.

I've played a bit with the settings you told me and I noticed,
that my system supports two monitors to some degree. E.g. I can
tell KDE to use different background images for each monitor.

I made a view screenshots to demonstrate the problem:

Here http://81.169.152.37/screens/xinerama-1.jpeg you can
see, that I have two different background pictures. In the
systemsettings for the Login-Manager, my two screens are
identified as shown here:

http://81.169.152.37/screens/xinerama-3.jpeg

When I press 'identify Screens' the right one is identified
(correctly) as screen '1', the left one is screen '2'.

In my systemsettings in the dialog 'Display' if have no
signs of having two monitors at all. The dialog is shown here:

http://81.169.152.37/screens/xinerama-2.jpeg

If I press 'identify outputs' it identifies only one
big screen as 'default' as shown here:

http://81.169.152.37/screens/xinerama-4.jpeg

I would expect the settings for windows opening and maximizing
behaviour at this place.

It seems like it works half-way. I am still not able to maximize
a window to only one monitor and to force new windows to open
on screen 1 (left).

Here's my complete configuration (changed after your
suggestions, I guess I wouldnt need the Monitor-sections
anymore...)

Do you see a mistake in it?

// /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "TwinView"
Screen 0 "Default Screen (TwinView)"
Option "Xinerama" "off"

InputDevice "StandardKeyboard" "CoreKeyboard"
InputDevice "logitechOpticalMouse" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
FontPath "unix/:7100"
FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/X11/misc"
FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1"
FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi"
FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi"
EndSection

Section "Module"
Load "dbe"
Load "glx"
Load "v4l"
Load "extmod"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
Option "AllowMouseOpenFail"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "StandardKeyboard"
Driver "kbd"
Option "XkbLayout" "de"
Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
Option "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "logitechOpticalMouse"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Buttons" "5"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Option "Name" "Logitech Optical Mouse"
Option "Protocol" "explorerps/2"
Option "Vendor" "Sysp"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "samtronMonitor"
VendorName "SAMTRON"
ModelName "96P97P(T)"
HorizSync 30.0 - 93.0
VertRefresh 50.0 - 160.0
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "belineaMonitor"
VendorName "103050"
ModelName "Belinea"
HorizSync 28.0 - 95.0
VertRefresh 50.0 - 160.0
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Default Screen (TwinView)"
Device "nVidia 8800 GTX (TwinView)"
DefaultDepth 24
SubSection "Display"
Depth 24
EndSubSection
SubSection "Display"
Depth 8
EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "nVidia 8800 GTX (TwinView)"
Driver "nvidia"
Option "ConnectedMonitor" "crt,crt"
Option "ConstantDPI" "off"
Option "CursorShadow" "true"

Option "MetaModes" "1280x960, 1280x960; 1280x960, NULL ;
1152x864, NULL ; 1024x768, NULL ; 800x600, NULL ; 640x480, NULL"

Option "NoLogo" "false"
Option "NoTwinViewXineramaInfo" "false"
Option "RandRRotation" "on"

Option "SecondMonitorHorizSync" "28-95"
Option "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "50-160"

Option "TwinView" "on"
Option "TwinViewOrientation" "LeftOf"
BusID "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

// end of /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.

Apr 26, 2009, 7:40:11 AM4/26/09
In <75in79F...@mid.dfncis.de>, M. Henne wrote:
>Thank you again for your patience.

No problem. I like helping when I can. Unfortunately, I may have run out
of advice.

>Unfortunately I haven't made it so far, but I think I can
>give a more detailed description of my systems behaviour.

That's usually good.

>I've played a bit with the settings you told me and I noticed,
>that my system supports two monitors to some degree. E.g. I can
>tell KDE to use different background images for each monitor.

I suppose that is a start.

>Here http://81.169.152.37/screens/xinerama-1.jpeg you can
>see, that I have two different background pictures.

Similar here, although my right-hand monitor is larger than my left hand
monitor.

>In the
>systemsettings for the Login-Manager, my two screens are
>identified as shown here:
>http://81.169.152.37/screens/xinerama-3.jpeg
>When I press 'identify Screens' the right one is identified
>(correctly) as screen '1', the left one is screen '2'.

Same here.

>In my systemsettings in the dialog 'Display' if have no
>signs of having two monitors at all. The dialog is shown here:
>http://81.169.152.37/screens/xinerama-2.jpeg

Similar here.

>If I press 'identify outputs' it identifies only one
>big screen as 'default' as shown here:
>http://81.169.152.37/screens/xinerama-4.jpeg

Same here.

>I would expect the settings for windows opening and maximizing
>behaviour at this place.

I looked and looked and I simply cannot find the setting that adjusts which
monitor new windows appear on by defaults. I know I saw this setting at one
point, but that may have been before I switched to KDE 4.2, which was the
week KDE 4.2 hit experimental.

I also cannot find a setting to adjust whether maximization is across all
screens on just one.

>It seems like it works half-way. I am still not able to maximize
>a window to only one monitor and to force new windows to open
>on screen 1 (left).

I am unable to maximize across both monitors. When a window is maximized
(completely, horizontal, or vertical), is only spans one screen. I have had
games and similar go across both monitors, but that is generally undesired
because my combined monitors area is non-rectangular.

I remember the setting that adjusted which screen new windows appeared on,
and I left it on the default: "current", which works well for me. I do
remember that you could set it on one in particular, if you wanted.

With my currently addled brain, it is possible I am remembering these
settings from when I was running "real" Xinerama instead of TwinView, but I
really don't think that /should/ make a difference.

>Here's my complete configuration.

>Do you see a mistake in it?

No.

At this point, the only thing I can suggest is trying with a new user or at
least a new .kde directory. (You don't need to delete the old one to test,
just move it to a different name.) Either your settings or my settings are
not the default -- and I can't find anything in mine that would affect how
windows maximize. I searched, hoping I could, at least, tell you which
config file and setting to alter to get the behavior you wanted, even if it
didn't show up in the UI. I failed.

What version of kwin are you running, just for my information?

I believe your X is set up correctly now. Perhaps you might have better
luck asking on a more KDE-specific mailing list, like debian-kde or kde-
linux.

signature.asc

M. Henne

Apr 26, 2009, 11:40:06 AM4/26/09
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote in <cvaSn-...@gated-at.bofh.it>:

> What version of kwin are you running, just for my information?

martin@asgard:~$ kwin --version
Qt: 4.5.1
KDE: 4.2.2 (KDE 4.2.2)
KWin: 4.2.2 (KDE 4.2.2)

> I believe your X is set up correctly now. Perhaps you might have better
> luck asking on a more KDE-specific mailing list, like debian-kde or kde-
> linux.

If I use icewm, the window maximizes to only one monitor, so I guess
it's not X that is wrong. (Most likely, X has never been the problem,
but now I have a cleaner config, which is a benefit nevertheless).

I remember a posting in a KDE group, that there's a compiletime option
to compile KDE with or without Xinerama/Twinview support.

As it works half-way, I guess it's a bug and I'll have to wait. I filled
a bugreport for KDE 3.5.10 already, which is now obsolete. I will fill
one for 4.2.2, too.

What could be the right package for the bug report? There's no package
kwin anymore.

Andrei Popescu

Apr 26, 2009, 12:10:11 PM4/26/09
On Sun,26.Apr.09, 17:18:58, M. Henne wrote:

> What could be the right package for the bug report? There's no package
> kwin anymore.

As long as there is file you know the name of (kwin) 'reportbug kwin'
should find out the correct package (by using dpkg -S).

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)

signature.asc

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.

Apr 26, 2009, 5:40:08 PM4/26/09
In <75jcb4F...@mid.dfncis.de>, M. Henne wrote:
>Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote in <cvaSn-...@gated-at.bofh.it>:
>> What version of kwin are you running, just for my information?
>martin@asgard:~$ kwin --version
>Qt: 4.5.1

I'm using Qt 4.4.3 here. Could you try with that version? Perhaps it is a
Qt bug. (That would surprise me.)

I've got the one from Lenny installed, but the one from testing should work
as well.

signature.asc

M. Henne

Apr 27, 2009, 4:20:09 AM4/27/09

I just did a 'reportbug' on 'kde-window-manager'. I hope it will lead to a
fix within the next weeks. If not, I'll try another Qt-Version.

Thank you all for trying to help.

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh

Apr 29, 2009, 9:10:08 AM4/29/09
On Mon, 20 Apr 2009, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> In <uPTGl.32674$Qh6...@newsfe14.iad>, Lancelot du Lac wrote:
> >I can only join my voice to those who say this behavior is a pain.
> >Since this bug appears in 3.5.10, I'm currently pinning 3.5.9 for kwin.
> >(and I have to say it works well)
> >
> >However this much probably won't be possible once kde4 is uploaded into
> >testing.
> >I certainly hope this is fixed before the uploading of kde4 in
> >Squeeze.
>
> I use TwinView, including its fake Xinerama, and I'm not seeing the bug. That
> said, I think I skipped from kwin in Etch to KDE 4.2 (initially from
> experimental). I'm now on KDE 4.2 from unstable and maximizing to a single
> monitor works fine, as done dragging windows between monitors.

It is still broken, but less so than 3.5.10. KDE4 seems to have some
split-brains problem. Maximizing does work (restricts itself to one
viewport), but the thing doesn't seem to know it is working with a
Xinerama'ed display everywhere it should. For one, it doesn't detect that
it has two viewports in many places, like the desktop manager...

Henrique Holschuh