Rhythmbox cannot play wma file

zhengda

Apr 12, 2008, 1:00:10 PM4/12/08

I have a problem with Rhythmbox.
It could play wma file before, but it cannot now.
I think I might delete some package by accident, but I cannot find it.
I do install gstreamer 0.10 and many of its plugins.
Does anyone which package Rhythmbox relies on to play wma file?
Thank you in advance.

Zheng Da

NN_il_Confusionario

Apr 12, 2008, 3:30:17 PM4/12/08
On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 06:33:54PM +0200, zhengda wrote:
> I think I might delete some package by accident,

check /var/log/dpkg.log

Also note that .wma files do _not_ use all the same codec. Some use
higtly non-free codecs which are not in debian (but some of them might
be in packages from debian-multimedia).

zhengda

Apr 13, 2008, 5:30:12 AM4/13/08
NN_il_Confusionario wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 06:33:54PM +0200, zhengda wrote:
>> I think I might delete some package by accident,
>
> check /var/log/dpkg.log
>
> Also note that .wma files do _not_ use all the same codec. Some use
> higtly non-free codecs which are not in debian (but some of them might
> be in packages from debian-multimedia).

I have solve my problem after I installed gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg-full, at
least Rhythmbox can play the wma file in my disk.
Thank you.

Zheng Da