firefox(iceweseal), firebird(icedove), openoffice

Sergey Smirnov

Dec 19, 2007, 5:00:18 AM12/19/07
Do anybody have any of this program working with Debian armel?
--
Sergey

Martin Guy

Dec 19, 2007, 8:40:09 AM12/19/07
2007/12/19, Sergey Smirnov <ssmi...@korusconsulting.ru>:

> Do anybody have any of this program working with Debian armel?

Yes, they are all in the repo, but you cannot currently install them
from ftp.debian-ports.org until the armel version of libgtk-2.0-0
catches up with the
same-for-all-processors version of libgtk2-common that it expects.
A question of a few days or weeks.

If you're desperate I can send you matching .deb's for the previous
version of the libgtk packages.

Guillem Jover

Dec 19, 2007, 9:40:12 AM12/19/07

On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 13:30:10 +0000, Martin Guy wrote:
> 2007/12/19, Sergey Smirnov <ssmi...@korusconsulting.ru>:
> > Do anybody have any of this program working with Debian armel?
>
> Yes, they are all in the repo, but you cannot currently install them
> from ftp.debian-ports.org until the armel version of libgtk-2.0-0
> catches up with the
> same-for-all-processors version of libgtk2-common that it expects.
> A question of a few days or weeks.
>
> If you're desperate I can send you matching .deb's for the previous
> version of the libgtk packages.

People can try to find this kind of stuff either in:

<http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian/obsolete/>

or

<http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian-snapshot/>

although the contents of those are not guaranteed to last forever.

regards,
guillem

Sergey Smirnov

Dec 19, 2007, 10:00:17 AM12/19/07
firefox crash:

ii iceweasel 2.0.0.9-2 lightweight web browser based on Mozilla
/usr/lib/iceweasel/firefox-bin
Segmentation fault

Can't find OO in the repo.
Package openoffice.org-core is missing.

Riku Voipio

Dec 19, 2007, 11:10:19 AM12/19/07
On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 05:48:14PM +0300, Sergey Smirnov wrote:
> firefox crash:

> ii iceweasel 2.0.0.9-2 lightweight web browser based
> on Mozilla
> /usr/lib/iceweasel/firefox-bin
> Segmentation fault

firefox 3 should come with arm eabi fixes in, or atleast applying them
should be easier. FF3 beta should come into debian soon.

> Can't find OO in the repo.
> Package openoffice.org-core is missing.

OOo Needs porting for arm/armel. There was once a OOo port for oldabi
arm, but that port has bitrotten since.

Lennert Buytenhek

Dec 19, 2007, 1:10:15 PM12/19/07
On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 06:03:09PM +0200, Riku Voipio wrote:

> > Can't find OO in the repo.
> > Package openoffice.org-core is missing.
>
> OOo Needs porting for arm/armel. There was once a OOo port for oldabi
> arm, but that port has bitrotten since.

There are working OOo RPMS (sans Java, though) for Fedora/ARM (EABI):

http://blogs.linux.ie/caolan/2007/11/20/arm-eabi-port/