Kernel 2.6.x real time clock hang on Dell

W. Borgert

Oct 18, 2004, 2:00:19 PM10/18/04

I'm bitten by a problem, that is already known to some people, but
for which I found no solution. On a Dell server, the 2.6.7 kernel
(kernel-image-2.6.7-1-686-smp) hangs during boot at the real time
clock. It seems, this problem is only known to Debian users :-(

Is there a solution or a workaround?

"I have problem on a Dell Precision 670. I have installed the
kernel 2.6.8 using the debian Sarge net installation. The boot
hangs after loading the driver for the Real Time Clock."
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&postid=1188223#post1188223

"...always hang on the "Real Time Clock Driver". I figured it a
bug in the 2.6 kernel..."
http://zacbowling.com/archives/2004/10/06/debian-dell/

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, WB