RFS: fuppes

Robert Massaioli

Feb 13, 2010, 8:30:02 AM2/13/10
Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "fuppes".

* Package name : fuppes
Version : 0.660-1
Upstream Author : "Ulrich Völkel" <ma...@ulrich-voelkel.de>
* License : GPL
Section : net

It builds these binary packages:
fuppes - Free UPnP Entertainment Service
fuppes-database-plugin-sqlite3 - FUPPES UPnP server plugin: sqlite3 db-backend
fuppes-decoder-plugin-flac - FUPPES UPnP server plugin: F.L.A.C. audio decoder
fuppes-dev - FUPPES UPnP server: development files
fuppes-metadata-plugin-exiv2 - FUPPES UPnP server plugin: exiv2 metadata
fuppes-metadata-plugin-taglib - FUPPES UPnP server plugin: taglib metadata
libfuppes-metadata-plugin-dlna - FUPPES UPnP server plugin: DLNA metadata
libfuppes0 - FUPPES UPnP server core library

The upload would fix these bugs: 426048

My motivation for maintaining this package is that I am a developer of FUPPES that currently spends alot of time helping people install it on their systems, having this package present would remove alot of the hassle and provide alot of convenience to debian users.

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/fuppes/fuppes_0.660-1.dsc

Kind regards
Robert Massaioli

Michael Schultheiss

Feb 13, 2010, 10:10:02 PM2/13/10
Robert Massaioli wrote:
> Dear mentors,
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "fuppes".

I'll take a look - I'm interested in seeing fuppes in Debian.

Robert Massaioli

Feb 13, 2010, 10:20:01 PM2/13/10
Thankyou. If I may recommend looking at the depends; I believe that they are correct if every part of the package would build natively on debian. But some parts don't and I think you may have to manually recompile ffmpeg to get them to work.

What this means is that I think there are too many depends for what is required by the package (as it is now). But there may be other areas with problems too; i'm uncertain about the pre and post install scripts.

I'll happily fix anything that is suggested,
Thankyou for your time,
Robert

Olivier Berger

Mar 7, 2010, 2:40:02 PM3/7/10
Hi.

Le dimanche 14 février 2010 à 14:09 +1100, Robert Massaioli a écrit :
> Thankyou. If I may recommend looking at the depends; I believe that
> they are correct if every part of the package would build natively on
> debian. But some parts don't and I think you may have to manually
> recompile ffmpeg to get them to work.
>
> What this means is that I think there are too many depends for what is
> required by the package (as it is now).

I've had a look at the package and tried to rebuild it on Debian
testing, and spotted a dependency on mp4v2 lib, which AFAICT is not in
Debian (see #552705).

Same stands also for mp3lame maybe.

Are you sure you didn't prepare the package with debian multimedia
packages installed on your system ?

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <olivier...@it-sudparis.eu>
Ingénieur Recherche - Dept INF

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/1267988003.1...@inf-8657.int-evry.fr

Robert Massaioli

Mar 7, 2010, 3:30:03 PM3/7/10
Thankyou for the response. I believe that I will be taking a look at it again today and ensuring that there are no errors like this one. The package needs to be remade it seems.

Thanks,
Robert