RFS: libemf

Ruben Molina

Jun 16, 2008, 12:00:20 AM6/16/08
Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "libemf", which provides a
drawing toolkit for enhanced metafiles (EMF) on POSIX systems.

* Package name : libemf
Version : 1.0.3-1
Upstream Author : lignum Computing, Inc. <lib...@lignumcomputing.com>
* License : LGPL
Section : libs

It builds these binary packages:
libemf-dev - EMF drawing toolkit based on ECMA-234 -- development files
libemf1 - EMF drawing toolkit based on ECMA-234
libemf1-dbg - EMF drawing toolkit based on ECMA-234 -- debug symbols

The upload would fix these bugs: 417538

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libemf/libemf_1.0.3-1.dsc

I have done a test on the generated EMF files and they seem to be working as expected.
The test is described here: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=417538#38

Kind regards
Ruben Molina

signature.asc

Vincent Bernat

Jun 21, 2008, 7:20:11 PM6/21/08
OoO En cette fin de nuit blanche du lundi 16 juin 2008, vers 05:56,
Ruben Molina <rmo...@udea.edu.co> disait :

> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "libemf", which provides a
> drawing toolkit for enhanced metafiles (EMF) on POSIX systems.

> * Package name : libemf
> Version : 1.0.3-1
> Upstream Author : lignum Computing, Inc. <lib...@lignumcomputing.com>
> * License : LGPL
> Section : libs

Hi Ruben!

Your long description is quite dense. Try to put some blank lines in it.

Your debian/copyright is incomplete. There are others GPL licensed
files, like those in tests/ (even if you don't ship them in binary
packages). Moreover, the copyright of include/libEMF/wine/* files is
unclear. Some files have a copyright owner that you should cite. From
their names, they may be taken from wine project. You should look if
they are in another source package and what is their copyright.

I am not able to compile your package in a pbuilder:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../config -I../include -g -O2 -g -Wall -O2 -D_REENTRANT -DPTHREADS -c libemf.cpp -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libemf.o
In file included from ../include/libEMF/wine/windef.h:16,
from ../include/libEMF/emf.h:27,
from libemf.h:31,
from libemf.cpp:24:
../include/libEMF/wine/winnt.h:45:3: error: #error Unknown CPU architecture!
../include/libEMF/wine/winnt.h:1051:2: error: #error You need to define a CONTEXT for your CPU

I have and amd64 arch. The compilation will then fails on many arch
too. Maybe you could depend on some wine development library to get the
information needed.
--
HARDFAIL("Not enough magic.");
2.4.0-test2 /usr/src/linux/drivers/block/nbd.c