Using LinqToExcel in a 64-bit app

PaulC

May 24, 2011, 5:05:39 AM5/24/11
to Linq To Excel
Hi,

I understand that the application using LinqToExcel should be complied
as a 32-bit app.

However, due to some dependency issues, I have to compile my
application as a 64-bit app.

Is there any changes I can make to the source code to make it work
with a 64-bit app?

Paul Yoder

May 24, 2011, 12:23:04 PM5/24/11
to linqt...@googlegroups.com, extr...@gmail.com
Unfortunately there isn't a way to get LinqToExcel to work on a 64-bit app. This is because LinqToExcel uses the Microsoft Access Jet database driver to retrieve the data from the spreadsheets, and this driver is only compatible with 32-bit applications.

Sorry for the bad news...

Kun

May 26, 2011, 12:27:16 AM5/26/11
to Paul Yoder, linqt...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Will using the Access Database Engine 2010, as outlined in this blog post (http://danielcai.blogspot.com/2011/02/solution-run-jet-database-engine-on-64.html) helps?

Paul Yoder

May 26, 2011, 8:08:47 AM5/26/11
to Kun, linqt...@googlegroups.com
Yea, you can use the ACE engine instead of Jet. Right now LinqToExcel only uses the ACE engine for filenames that end in .xlsx  Let me know if your filenames don't end in xlsx and I'll add an override option to allow you to do so.

Paul Yoder

May 27, 2011, 6:56:20 AM5/27/11
to Kun, linqt...@googlegroups.com
I'm glad you were able to get it working. Let me know if you have any more issues.

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 4:19 AM, Kun <extr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Paul,

I've tried using ACE engine, but it seems that the library doesn't work with my existing 64-bit ASP.NET application even when complied as a 64-bit. I gave up, and just enable 32-bit applications in our application pool. This is my first project with ASP.NET and IIS, so I wasn't aware of that option.

Thanks for your help!