Windows binary WinLinkGrammar online

Bill Hayes

Jul 4, 2011, 9:57:37 PM7/4/11
to link-g...@googlegroups.com
FYI ...
I have created a website https://launchpad.net/WinLinkGrammar
to make available an executable for Windows along with the
necessary regex2.dll.  The name is unique so just Googling 'WinLinkGrammar'
will get you links to it.

I included all of the links and attributions that I could think of (including
this group).  Let me know if you have suggested additions.

Just download the zip, unzip, move the two files into your
link-grammar 'data' folder and you're ready to run.

This is a straight compile to a console app using MS VC++ 2010
other than a minor addition to 'utilities.c' which enables it to return
the directory path of the executing program (so it can find the dictionaries
no matter where Link Grammar is installed).
(Details are in 'code modifications.txt' in the code tree and the new code
has comments showing what was added.)

I tested it under Vista and WinXP.

BTW, LaunchPad.net is a pretty good site for hosting open source projects
although it essentially forces you to use the Bazaar DVCS (distributed version
control software) to upload source code.

Regards,
Bill Hayes