GATE 6.1

Cerin

Oct 20, 2011, 3:24:34 PM10/20/11
to link-grammar
I'm in the process of building Relex under Ubuntu 10.04. The build
instructions mention that GATE 4.0 is optional, however, the current
GATE release is 6.1. Can I safely use version 6.1, or can Relex only
handle 4.0?

Regards,
Chris

Matt Kaufman

Oct 20, 2011, 3:43:53 PM10/20/11
to link-g...@googlegroups.com, link-grammar
Hello,

I am a fan of the link-parser / Link Grammer project but am not familiar with GATE or what Relex is.

Could you provide me with a brief description of each and perhaps relevant URL's?

Thanks,
Matt Kaufman
503-881-6906

http://mkfmn.com/

Sent from my iPhone

Linas Vepstas

Oct 20, 2011, 5:59:47 PM10/20/11
to link-g...@googlegroups.com

Relex is untested with any newer GATE. It may or may not work.
Given the way that GATE is used, I rather doubt there's much
advantage to using it.

However,if you get it working, and like it, please send in any patches
required to make it go.

--linas

Linas Vepstas

Oct 20, 2011, 6:02:15 PM10/20/11
to link-g...@googlegroups.com
On 20 October 2011 14:43, Matt Kaufman <mkfm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a fan of the link-parser / Link Grammer project but am not familiar with GATE or what Relex is.
>
> Could you provide me with a brief description of each and perhaps relevant URL's?

The link-grammar home page talks about relex in several spots.

A google search for GATE lists the correct website as the first link
(at least for me .. GATE "general architecture for text engineering"
at cambridge, UK).

--linas

Matt Kaufman

Oct 20, 2011, 6:04:10 PM10/20/11