Re: Limp for Vim

Mikael Jansson

Dec 10, 2010, 7:28:20 AM12/10/10
to Josef Nygrin, limp-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Josef! (cc:d to the limp-devel list)

> first of all - kudos on the limp, it's just a pleasure to work with!
> As a kind of a "*nix snob", I pretty much can't seriously use anything but
> Vim, so after a rather painful experience with slime (well, slime itself is
> ok, it's the emacs that sucks), Limp has been a lovely treat to find.

:-) Thanks!

> Dunno if you're planning on updating the Limp beyond the state it's in now,
> but if you do, here's limp-hyperspec.pl definition for firefox that works
> fine for me:

I am, it's just been on the back burner for quite some time now. I'm
getting back to hacking again, so updating Limp will be one of the
things I'm planning on doing.

> $browser_name = "firefox";
> @browser_args = ("file://%s");
> $external = 1;
> $READLINE_ON_BROWSER_START = 0;
> $SLEEP_AFTER_NEW_PAGE= 20;

Thanks!

> Also, one thing that Limp would benefit from would be a key chord (maybe \em
> ?) for "macroexpand-1" - just to send current *form* to lisp as
> (macroexpand-1 '*form*)... Would make writing of macros even easier than it
> is like this.

Agreed. Short-term plan is to make a bugfix release to work out quirks
in the current release, followed by a modularization such that you can
use only the parts you want. It's currently very tailored towards my
needs which don't necessarily have to match any other's. ;-)

> Anyways, all the best, and thanks a lot!

You're welcome!

-- Mikael