Forward email from hotmail to gmail, Access hotmail.com in Outlook

Huaxin Wang

Oct 24, 2007, 8:25:31 AM10/24/07
to salon-...@googlegroups.com, lih...@googlegroups.com
1. Login hotmail.com
2. Click on "options"
3. In "Manage your account", click on "Forward mail to another e-mail account".

Hotmail.com can receive email from other POP servers, but can not receive email from POP3+SSL server of gmail.com.

Hotmail.com can also send out email with 5 other "From" email addresses, but the recipients may see the following information: “From: som...@hotmail.com on behalf of na...@example.com".

Hotmail.com free account doesn't support HTTP or POP3 access in Outlook Express.  But it supports free access in Outlook through Outlook Connector[1], which can be downloaded free of charge.  Still, gmail.com is a better free email service.

wanghx

Oct 24, 2007, 3:04:19 PM10/24/07
to salon-...@googlegroups.com, lih...@googlegroups.com
What lousy service.  But they provide NO clear statement of this in the interface or help page!
I only use hotmail.com as rubbish bin now.  Although I cracked it earlier and got the 5G free HTTP mail capable account. :P

Yahoo free email doesn't support forwarding at all.

Both yahoo and hotmail append advertisements behind email.