Re: AOL free services

1 view

(Howard) Huaxin W. D. Wang

Jan 28, 2008, 8:12:19 AM1/28/08
to salon-...@googlegroups.com, lihlii-g
集成 AIM, calendar, todo,支持check the status of a sent message or
retrieve unopened e-mail from AOL(R) or AIM(R)
members。就是检查发出的信被阅读的状态。如果收信方是 AOL 信箱,可以收回收信人还没有阅读的邮件。[2]

AOL or AIM IMAP servers do not allow folders to be created or deleted
in the root folder. You will see an Inbox, Sent Items, Saved, Spam,
and Voicemail folder. The Voicemail folder cannot be accessed unless
you subscribe to the AOL(R) Voicemail product.
https://dashboard.voice.aol.com. [2]

You cannot manually add messages to the Inbox or Sent Items folders.
Messages will only be added to these folders when an e-mail is
received or sent by the AOL or AIM IMAP server. [2]

You can send a total of 16 megabytes of images per e-mail, either as a
single image or a group of image files. [5]

以前看说是 2G email 限额,现在看 email 存贮不限量:
Your Saved on AOL Mail folder has no size limit, providing you with
unlimited storage for all your e-mail and attachments. [3]

The Saved on AOL Mail folder is available to users of AOL(R) 6.0 for
Windows(R) software and above, as well as users of AOL(R) for Mac(R)
OSX. Others can take advantage of Saved on AOL Mail with unlimited
storage, at http://webmail.aol.com. [3]

不知道 IMAP 里面的 saved folder 是否同一个不限量文件夹。不过这个 AOL 信箱,inbox
里面的邮件不能永久保存,而是会定期被删除。需要保存的邮件,要转移到 saved folder 去。

Your new, old, and sent e-mail is stored on the AOL(R) service for
less than a month.
Messages that you have not read will stay in your New Mail folder for
about 28 days. Once you have read an e-mail message, the AOL(R) and
AOL(R) Suite software automatically transfers it to the Old Mail
folder on the AOL service. Mail remains in the Old Mail folder 7 days,
after which it will be removed. Mail will be removed from the Sent
mail folder after 7 days. [4]

AOL.com 提供一个 aol desktop 软件来访问 AOL 的各项免费服务,包括 email 。AOL 自己搞一套 aol://
hyperlink 很烂。

[1] AOL.com email IMAP, POP3, SMTP settings:
http://help.aol.com/help/dynamickc.do?externalId=http--helpchannelsaolcom-kjumpadparticleId217452&sliceId=&command=show&forward=nonthreadedKC&kcId=http--helpchannelsaolcom-kjumpadparticleId217452
[2] Read and Send AOL(R) or AIM(R) E-mail With Other E-mail
Applications http://help.aol.com/help/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=http--helpchannelsaolcom-kjumpadparticleId217449
[3] Save Messages to Your Saved on AOL Folder
http://help.aol.com/help/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=http--helpchannelsaolcom-kjumpadparticleId218724&sliceId=&dialogID=3628299&stateId=0%200%203640001
[4] How Long E-Mail Is Stored in My Mailbox
http://help.aol.com/help/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=http--helpchannelsaolcom-kjumpadparticleId217149&sliceId=&dialogID=3628299&stateId=0%200%203640001
[5] Pictures in E-mail
http://help.aol.com/help/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=http--helpchannelsaolcom-kjumpadparticleId221002&sliceId=&dialogID=3628299&stateId=0%200%203640007