[Lift] Error in the "getting started guide"

goofy

Apr 25, 2010, 10:22:07 PM4/25/10
to Lift
The getting started guide should say:

mvn archetype:generate -U \
-DarchetypeGroupId=net.liftweb \
-DarchetypeArtifactId=lift-archetype-basic \
-DarchetypeVersion=1.0 \
-DarchetypeRepository=http://scala-tools.org/repo-releases \
-DremoteRepositories=http://scala-tools.org/repo-releases \
-DgroupId=com.liftworkshop \
-DartifactId=todo \
-Dversion=0.1-SNAPSHOT

Instead of:

mvn archetype:generate -U \
-DarchetypeGroupId=net.liftweb \
-DarchetypeArtifactId=lift-archetype-basic \
-DarchetypeVersion=1.0 \
-DremoteRepositories=http://scala-tools.org/repo-releases \
-DgroupId=com.liftworkshop \
-DartifactId=todo \
-Dversion=0.1-SNAPSHOT

David Pollak

Apr 26, 2010, 6:06:06 PM4/26/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for reporting this.

It turns out that on April 23rd, the maintainer of the Maven Archetype plugin issues a new "alpha" version which requires the separate archetypeRepsository line.  I have contacted the author and hopefully in the next few days, he'll release something that works with the old syntax/options.
Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Surf the harmonics

Heiko Seeberger

Apr 27, 2010, 2:23:24 AM4/27/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!
Which Wiki are you referring to? GitHub or Assembla?

Heiko
--
Heiko Seeberger

Company: weiglewilczek.com
Blog: heikoseeberger.name
Follow me: twitter.com/hseeberger
OSGi on Scala: scalamodules.org
Lift, the simply functional web framework: liftweb.net
Stambecco, highly scalable computing: stambecco.org

David Bernard

Apr 27, 2010, 3:02:58 AM4/27/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Assembla (I tried to update the page, but it seems I can't edit nor comments login: david.bernard.31)

Jeppe Nejsum Madsen

Apr 27, 2010, 4:21:09 AM4/27/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
David Bernard <david.be...@gmail.com> writes:

> Assembla (I tried to update the page, but it seems I can't edit nor comments
> login: david.bernard.31)

You need to be a watcher of the space to be able to edit.

/Jeppe

David Pollak

Apr 27, 2010, 10:34:27 AM4/27/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 1:21 AM, Jeppe Nejsum Madsen <je...@ingolfs.dk> wrote:
David Bernard <david.be...@gmail.com> writes:

> Assembla (I tried to update the page, but it seems I can't edit nor comments
> login: david.bernard.31)

You need to be a watcher of the space to be able to edit.

Weird.  I invited all the Lift committers to be members on Assembla.  Anyway, I just re-added you as a member and all should be good now.

/Jeppe

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Surf the harmonics

David Bernard

Apr 27, 2010, 10:39:17 AM4/27/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I registered as watcher and did the minus update.

/davidB Assembla noob

David Pollak

Apr 27, 2010, 11:22:55 AM4/27/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 7:39 AM, David Bernard <david.be...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks, I registered as watcher and did the minus update.

Tnx.

/davidB Assembla noob

Yeah... you're gonna be a noob for 5 minutes and then you'll know everything about it, if history is any indication.