Exception with YUI compressor (SBT)

Timothy Perrett

Jul 18, 2010, 2:37:40 PM7/18/10
to liftweb
Hi all,

I thought I would post this here as im not sure who is maintaing the YUI compressor for SBT. When the project has no CSS or JS files, the console gives:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: requirement failed: No products were specified; products must be known in advance.

Ideally it would be better to have a nice error message, or just move along silently as there is nothing to compress.

Cheers, Tim

Naftoli Gugenheim

Jul 18, 2010, 2:56:29 PM7/18/10
to liftweb
I didn't even know there was one! What do you do to use it?

David Flemström

Jul 18, 2010, 4:39:41 PM7/18/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 8:56 PM, Naftoli Gugenheim <nafto...@gmail.com> wrote:
I didn't even know there was one! What do you do to use it?
$ cat src/foo/project/plugins/Plugins.scala
import sbt._

class Plugins(info: ProjectInfo) extends PluginDefinition(info) {
  val sbtYui = "hoffrocket" % "sbt-yui" % "0.2"
  val sonaTypeReo = "Sonatype Repo" at "http://oss.sonatype.org/content/groups/github/"
}

$ cat src/foo/project/build/FooProject.scala
import sbt._

class FooProject(info: ProjectInfo) extends DefaultWebProject(info) with hoffrocket.YuiCompressorPlugin {
  //...
}

Ross Mellgren

Jul 19, 2010, 8:52:06 AM7/19/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com, lif...@googlegroups.com
Based on the plugin ID it looks like it was authored by John Hoffman?

-Ross

Timothy Perrett

Jul 19, 2010, 11:10:00 AM7/19/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I believe it was; I don't have his contact details though.

Sent from my iPhone

Erick Fleming

Jul 19, 2010, 11:57:41 AM7/19/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com