Good Emacs setup for Lift development?

Jeppe Nejsum Madsen

Nov 3, 2010, 10:52:34 AM11/3/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We'll soon be moving our code base to 2.8 and I've briefly tried the
2.8 Eclipse plugin. And while it has improved a lot wrt functionality,
it's also still somewhat slow and buggy.

I've been using Emacs for most text editing not involving development
and briefly used Ensime+Emacs.

I was wondering if anybody had a good setup for use with Lift
development. The features I would need most are

- Defining the project files. This I think is where I mostly lack
knowledge. How can I have Emacs act on only files in my project. Ie do
a find-file and only look within the files in my project, search
within project files etc.
- Jump to the source of a Lift symbol. I know Ensime cannot (yet at
least) jump to source in an attached source jar, but what if you have
the Lift source locally?

And of course any other hints needed for doing development in Emacs :-)

/Jeppe

TylerWeir

Nov 3, 2010, 4:10:59 PM11/3/10
to Lift
Stock Emacs 23.2.1
ENSIME 0.3
js2-mode for JavaScript files
org-mode for taking notes

There are a few useful starter kits as well:
https://github.com/technomancy/emacs-starter-kit
https://github.com/al3x/emacs
https://github.com/stevej/emacs

12 year Vim user, who converted to Emacs because of ENSIME.

David Pollak

Nov 3, 2010, 5:43:40 PM11/3/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 1:10 PM, TylerWeir <tyler...@gmail.com> wrote:
Stock Emacs 23.2.1

Same

ENSIME 0.3

Same

I add Scamacs so I get sbt recompile (if I want it) on each save

Ensime is tremendously awesomely amazing

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Blog: http://goodstuff.im
Surf the harmonics