Lift Web Framework 2.1 Milestone 1 released

Indrajit Raychaudhuri

Aug 4, 2010, 7:34:24 PM8/4/10
to Lift, lift-announce, scala-a...@listes.epfl.ch
The Lift Web Framework team is pleased to announce the 2.1-M1 release!

Lift is an expressive and elegant framework for writing web
applications. Lift stresses the importance of security, maintainability,
scalability and performance while allowing for high levels of developer
productivity. Lift is a Scala web framework.

This version is available for both Scala 2.7.7 and Scala 2.8.0.

Changes in this version include:

New features:
o Added support for head match in Menu DSL via the "**" object Issue: 574.

Fixed Bugs:
o Fixed FK support in Oracle and missing "timestamp" reserved word
Issue: 585.
o Many of the Scripts are not properly escaped Issue: 584.
o ParamFailure does not work correctly Issue: 598.
o The find method in Actors consumes stack space Issue: 603.
o object SecurityHelpers doesn't extend the trait Issue: 604.
o Enhance Menu DSL to support WikiStuff style Locs Issue: 605.
o add base64EncodeURLSafe to SecurityHelpers Issue: 566.
o ldap user bind attribute names should be overrideable Issue: 567.
o Allows to have properties configuration files outside of the war
Issue: 571.
o Replace JS Command is fragile Issue: 581.
o SQL UPDATE query support in Mapper Issue: 582.
o snippet errors in CRUDify view/edit/delete pages Issue: 583.
o TimeHelpers.hourFormat is not thread safe Issue: 592.
o overriding Field#label not affecting TextareaField#toFrom Issue: 594.
o Enable attribute merging on wizard form fields Issue: 595.
o Better promotion of stuff to RenderOut in Comet Issue: 575.
o DBLog dynamic proxy -- calling toString fails Issue: 570.
o Schemifier FK support uses incorrect JDBC API method Issue: 597.
o On 2.8 ordinary snippets get instantiated a few times Issue: 596.
o ItemsListSpecs not compiling on 2.8 Issue: 554.
o Add detailed toString method to PaypalInfo Issue: 557.
o Custom JSON serialization fails if paranamer fails Issue: 564.
o Custom JSON serialization fails with Date (and other primitives)
Issue: 565.
o Adjust maven-scala-plugin to generate unified scaladoc Issue: 578.
o Enhance the OOTB experience Issue: 586.
o Custom CouchDB view query params Issue: 591.
o Add attributes to fileUpload Issue: 608.

NOTE: A browsable version of this changelog is available at:
http://www.assembla.com/spaces/liftweb/milestones/236849

Have fun!
-Lift Web Framework team

Lukasz Kuczera

Aug 5, 2010, 3:00:58 AM8/5/10
to Lift
Awesome :)

Luc Duponcheel

Aug 5, 2010, 5:14:40 AM8/5/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com, lift-announce
Hello,

sorry for the stupid question, but,
assuming my scala version is 2.8.0,
how do I create a skeleton of a maven project
(... blank, basic, jpa-blank, jpa-basic, ...)
(I mean, which versions do I have to use)

mvn archetype:generate -U \
-DarchetypeGroupId=net.liftweb \
-DarchetypeArtifactId= lift-archetype-??? \ % something like lift-archetype-jpa-blank_???
-DarchetypeVersion= 2.1-??? \ % something like 2.1-M1
-DremoteRepositories=http://scala-tools.org/repo-snapshots \ % or should use releases instead
-DgroupId=com.imaginej \ % not important
-DartifactId=DvdLibrary \ % not important
-Dversion=01 % not important

I have looked at http://scala-tools.org/repo-snapshots/net/liftweb/, but
frankly, it looks like a jungle to me

thx

Luc

   __~O
  -\ <,
(*)/ (*)

reality goes far beyond imagination

Indrajit Raychaudhuri

Aug 5, 2010, 5:48:13 AM8/5/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hello Luc,

-DarchetypeArtifactId would be one of lift-archetype-blank_2.8.0,
lift-archetype-basic_2.8.0, lift-archetype-jpa-blank_2.8.0,
lift-archetype-jpa-basic_2.8.0 or lift-archetype-jpa-single_2.8.0

-DarchetypeArtifactId would be 2.1-M1

-DremoteRepositories would be http://scala-tools.org/repo-releases

-DgroupId, -DartifactId and -Dversion are your project specific.

Cheers, Indrajit

> <mailto:lif...@googlegroups.com>.

> liftweb+u...@googlegroups.com

> <mailto:liftweb%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.

Luc Duponcheel

Aug 5, 2010, 6:01:17 AM8/5/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
thx,

the command below worked
[ I also used -DarchetypeRepository=http://scala-tools.org/repo-releases ]

btw: I also start finding my way in the http://scala-tools.org/repo-releases jungle now

mvn archetype:generate -U \
   -DarchetypeGroupId=net.liftweb \
   -DarchetypeArtifactId=lift-archetype-jpa-basic_2.8.0 \
   -DarchetypeVersion=2.1-M1 \
   -DarchetypeRepository=http://scala-tools.org/repo-releases \
   -DremoteRepositories=http://scala-tools.org/repo-releases \
   -DgroupId=whatever \
   -DartifactId=whatever \
   -Dversion=whatever

Luc

Paul Dale

Sep 8, 2010, 7:19:14 PM9/8/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 1:34 AM, Indrajit Raychaudhuri

<indr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Lift Web Framework team is pleased to announce the 2.1-M1 release!

> Fixed Bugs:
> o Fixed FK support in Oracle and missing "timestamp" reserved word Issue:

I'm learning how to use Schemifier and it's creating the tables, but
not the foreign constraints.

I tried switching to 2.1-M1, but have the same behaviour.

The classes are simple at this point, only a couple fields. But I'm
expecting a ForeignKey constraint on the account field.

Do I need to do anything besides this to get the constraints working?
I've searched through the archives and documentation and haven't found
anything enlightening, other than that it generally seems like it's
supposed to be supported. I'm using Oracle 10g w/ ojdbc driver.

Thanks! :)

class TradingPartner extends LongKeyedMapper[TradingPartner] with IdPK {
def getSingleton = TradingPartner
object name extends MappedString(this,255)
object account extends MappedLongForeignKey(this, Account)
}
object TradingPartner extends TradingPartner with
LongKeyedMetaMapper[TradingPartner] {
override def fieldOrder = List(name,region,account)
}
}
}

Thorsten

Oct 23, 2010, 7:57:06 AM10/23/10
to Lift
Hello,
will there be a lift archetype for scala 2.8.1 soon?
I tried to use the newest Version of ENSIME (based on scala 2.8.1.RC2)
for a lift project based on the newest maven archetype and
encountered the following issue:

class scala.annotation.implicitNotFound not found
(see http://github.com/aemoncannon/ensime/issues/#issue/88)

because that class is new in scala 2.8.1
Cheers
Thorsten

On 9 Sep., 01:19, Paul Dale <paul.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 1:34 AM, Indrajit Raychaudhuri

David Pollak

Oct 23, 2010, 8:32:59 AM10/23/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 4:57 AM, Thorsten <gruendert...@googlemail.com> wrote:
Hello,
will there be a lift archetype for scala 2.8.1 soon?

2.8.1 is not yet released.  After it is released, we will work on supporting in.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Blog: http://goodstuff.im
Surf the harmonics