Lift 2.2 release countdown

1 view

David Pollak

Dec 2, 2010, 1:51:21 PM12/2/10
to liftweb
Folks,

Here's the Lift 2.2 release countdown:
  • Tuesday Dec 7 at midnight PST will be code slush.  Any code that you want in 2.2 must be in master/master_2.7 by then.  Committers... please make sure you've got your tickets closed a few days before Tuesday so that there's time to review the code on review board.
  • Wednesday morning Lift 2.2-RC1 will appear (is Indrajit doing the build)?
  • Lift community starts testing 2.2-RC1 and files tickets for bugs.  We will fix the following classes of bugs: (1) severe bugs, (2) regressions from prior versions of Lift (3) material bugs in features introduced between 2.1 and 2.2-RC1.  We will not address minor bugs that are not regressions.  We will not add new features (no matter how important those features are).
  • January 5th, 2011 - We release Lift 2.2 (unless there is major instability in the 2.2-RCx code)
Looking forward to getting 2.2 out the door... and I'm looking forward to December when I can write some example code (yep, I'm working on a sports betting example based on Lift and Akka) and update Simply Lift.

Thanks,

David

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Blog: http://goodstuff.im