[ANN] m2eclipse-scala 0.2.0

David Bernard

Jun 30, 2010, 12:55:52 PM6/30/10
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com, Maven and Scala, liftweb
Hi,

I release a new version of m2eclipse-scala 0.2.0.

changes :

* should work with lift-archetype-basic 2.0-scala280-SNAPSHOT (new
sample project added)
* support current and futur ids of scala-ide, select from the
installed plugin (ch.epfl... and org.scala-ide....)

You can download it from http://github.com/sonatype/m2eclipse-scala/downloads
or use the **temporary** update-site from
http://alchim31.net/m2e-scala/update-site/

more documentation at :

* https://www.assembla.com/wiki/edit/scala-ide/With_M2Eclipse
* http://github.com/sonatype/m2eclipse-scala/

Cheers,

/davidB

Miles Sabin

Jun 30, 2010, 1:08:16 PM6/30/10
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com, Maven and Scala, liftweb

A round of applause for David Bernard from me ... I hope you'll all join me.

This is the kind of support I've been wanting from the Maven and Lift
communities for a very long time. It's great to see what can happen
when projects pull together :-)

Cheers,

Miles

--
Miles Sabin
tel: +44 7813 944 528

Derek Chen-Becker

Jun 30, 2010, 1:16:32 PM6/30/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com, scala-i...@googlegroups.com, Maven and Scala
Hear, hear! You're both doing incredible work, so my hat is off to you.

Derek

David Bernard

Jun 30, 2010, 1:26:44 PM6/30/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com, scala-i...@googlegroups.com, Maven and Scala
Thanks :-D

But it's a WIP, and I didn't make lot of test with the lift based
project (I'm not a lift user).

/davidB

Timothy Perrett

Jun 30, 2010, 1:33:59 PM6/30/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com, scala-i...@googlegroups.com, Maven and Scala
+1 awesome stuff!

dan reportbug

Jun 30, 2010, 9:40:32 PM6/30/10
to Lift
Hi David,

I installed below update sites to my Eclipse 3.5.2 Build id:
M20100211-1343 under Ubuntu 10.04 amd64
m2eclipse v 0.10.0.20100209-0800 ... http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/sites/m2e
m2eclipse-scala v 0.2.0 ... http://alchim31.net/m2e-scala/update-site/
Scala Eclipse Plugin Nightly 2.8.0.r22118-b20100602025655 ...
http://www.scala-lang.org/scala-eclipse-plugin-nightly

In eclipse, File -> New -> Project -> Maven -> Maven Project
Then tick the "Include snapshot archetypes" box and check the lift-
archetype-basic 2.0-scala280-SNAPSHOT maven project.
Click Next, Fill in Group Id and Artifact Id -> Finish

Result in ... Failed to create project. java.lang.NullPointerException

Thanks.
~Dan.

On Jul 1, 1:26 am, David Bernard <david.bernard...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks :-D
>
> But it's a WIP, and I didn't make lot of test with the lift based
> project (I'm not a lift user).
>
> /davidB
>
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 19:16, Derek Chen-Becker <dchenbec...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hear, hear! You're both doing incredible work, so my hat is off to you.
>
> > Derek

David Bernard

Jul 1, 2010, 3:04:57 AM7/1/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Sorry.
Currently only import of existing maven project is supported, you need
to run "mvn archetype:generate ...." from shell.
Support of creation (New Project) is always on the TODO list.

/davidB

dan reportbug

Jul 1, 2010, 5:53:20 AM7/1/10
to Lift