New Wizard Features?

Paul Dale

Jan 6, 2011, 12:18:53 PM1/6/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Does anyone have any information/documentation about this new feature?

- Wizard and Screen Improvements: Build complex screens more easily with new helper methods for creating form elements and improved life-cycle callbacks

I'm not having any luck finding anything about it.

Thanks,
Paul

David Pollak

Jan 6, 2011, 12:32:47 PM1/6/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 9:18 AM, Paul Dale <paul...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone have any information/documentation about this new feature?

- Wizard and Screen Improvements: Build complex screens more easily with new helper methods for creating form elements and improved life-cycle callbacks

I'm not having any luck finding anything about it.

Thanks,
Paul

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Blog: http://goodstuff.im
Surf the harmonics

Paul Dale

Jan 6, 2011, 1:22:26 PM1/6/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com

Ah, ok. So radio(), select(), etc. I didn't realize those functions were new! I've already been using them for a while :-)

And what does "improved life-cycle callbacks" translate to?

Thanks!
Paul

Francois Armand

Jan 6, 2011, 5:58:02 PM1/6/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Le 06/01/2011 19:22, Paul Dale a �crit :

> See
> http://scala-tools.org/mvnsites/liftweb-2.2/framework/scaladocs/net/liftweb/http/AbstractScreen.html
>
> And some examples are in:
> http://stable.simply.liftweb.net/#toc-Section-4.7
>

> Ah, ok. So radio(), select(), etc. I didn't realize those functions were
> new! I've already been using them for a while :-)

I saw onSubmit() methods showed here:
http://simply.liftweb.net/index-4.2.html#toc-Section-4.2

I must say that I'm really really happy to see such Form lifecycle
callback coming in Lift.

I will look closely to them in a near future :)

--
Francois Armand
http://fanf42.blogspot.com

David Pollak

Jan 6, 2011, 11:34:06 PM1/6/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
  /**
   * the NodeSeq passed as a parameter when the snippet was invoked
   */
  protected def defaultXml: NodeSeq = _defaultXml.get

  /**
   * Override this method to do setup the first time the
   * screen is entered
   */
  protected def localSetup() {

  }