liftsch.cmd java.nio.charset.IllegalCharsetNameException: UTF-8

jackpark

Jul 20, 2011, 5:57:13 PM7/20/11
to Lift
at java.nio.charset.Charset.checkName(Unknown Source)

Java version 1.6.0_26-b03
Win 7
First time booting the downloaded framework
Cannot imagine why it's unhappy with a legal name.
Ideas?
Thanks!

Jack Park

Jul 21, 2011, 2:46:05 AM7/21/11
to Lift
Update: the issue does not occur on Ubuntu, just my Win7 platform.

Indrajit Raychaudhuri

Jul 21, 2011, 2:31:28 PM7/21/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Yes, liftsh.cmd (for Windows) is problematic.
I need to get hold of a Windows box to have this fixed.

- Indrajit

Kevin Peno

Aug 4, 2011, 12:35:28 PM8/4/11
to Lift
Just wanted to confirm I have this same issue in Win7 using Powershell
with 2.4-M3. Is there a ticket open for this?

cmd> java -version
java version "1.6.0_26"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode)

On Jul 21, 11:31 am, Indrajit Raychaudhuri <indraj...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>  Yes, liftsh.cmd (for Windows) is problematic.
> I need to get hold of a Windows box to have this fixed.
>
> - Indrajit
>
> On Thursday 21 July 2011 at 12:16 PM, Jack Park wrote:
>

> > Update: the issue does not occur on Ubuntu, just my Win7 platform.
>
> > On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 2:57 PM, jackpark <jackp...@gmail.com (mailto:jackp...@gmail.com)> wrote:
> > > at java.nio.charset.Charset.checkName(Unknown Source)
>
> > > Java version 1.6.0_26-b03
> > > Win 7
> > > First time booting the downloaded framework
> > > Cannot imagine why it's unhappy with a legal name.
> > > Ideas?
> > > Thanks!

Kevin Peno

Aug 4, 2011, 1:08:24 PM8/4/11
to Lift
In case anyone still cares. I dug around and supplied a patch to
hopefully fix this issue. See
https://www.assembla.com/spaces/liftweb/tickets/1083-windows-illegalcharsetnameexception-using-liftsh