Chat Input (order)

aw

Jan 11, 2010, 6:33:49 AM1/11/10
to Lift
I'm playing with the Chat example, and I am trying to do something
trivial, but I can't get it to work and am at a loss as to why...

Basically, I am interested in having the <chat:input> at the top of
the page, before the <chat:body/>. As a result, I figured that I
could simply edit the Chat.html template and switch the order. Alas,
that isn't working...

Clearly, the code is adding the <chat:input> at the end of the
<chat:body>, but I can't seem to figure out where or how. Can I
please get a pointer?

David Pollak

Apr 6, 2010, 8:19:45 PM4/6/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com

The "fixedRender" part of the CometActor stuff always comes after the render stuff.

I sent around a chat example today that divorced the input from the Comet component but still did the JSON through the comet component.

If that doesn't work for you, you could open a ticket for a feature request related to the order of fixedRender vs. render.  It's a relatively painless change that could get into M5.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Surf the harmonics

Peter Robinett

Apr 7, 2010, 1:08:56 PM4/7/10
to Lift
I'd like to include Javascript dependencies via fixedRender, so
putting it before render would be great.

Peter

On Apr 6, 5:19 pm, David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 3:33 AM, aw <anth...@whitford.com> wrote:
> > I'm playing with the Chat example, and I am trying to do something
> > trivial, but I can't get it to work and am at a loss as to why...
>
> > Basically, I am interested in having the <chat:input> at the top of
> > the page, before the <chat:body/>.  As a result, I figured that I
> > could simply edit the Chat.html template and switch the order.  Alas,
> > that isn't working...
>
> > Clearly, the code is adding the <chat:input> at the end of the
> > <chat:body>, but I can't seem to figure out where or how.  Can I
> > please get a pointer?
>
> The "fixedRender" part of the CometActor stuff always comes after the render
> stuff.
>
> I sent around a chat example today that divorced the input from the Comet
> component but still did the JSON through the comet component.
>
> If that doesn't work for you, you could open a ticket for a feature request
> related to the order of fixedRender vs. render.  It's a relatively painless
> change that could get into M5.
>

> > --

> > liftweb+u...@googlegroups.com<liftweb%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com >

> > .
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/liftweb?hl=en.
>
> --

> Beginning Scalahttp://www.apress.com/book/view/1430219890

David Pollak

Apr 7, 2010, 1:13:38 PM4/7/10
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Peter Robinett <pe...@bubblefoundry.com> wrote:
I'd like to include Javascript dependencies via fixedRender, so
putting it before render would be great.

K... open a ticket

Peter Robinett

Apr 7, 2010, 1:29:08 PM4/7/10
to Lift