Announcement: First German Book about Lift

Christoph Knabe

Mar 7, 2011, 6:39:46 AM3/7/11
to Lift
At shaker.de appeared the first german book about Lift. It has the
title "Entwicklung von Web-Applikationen mit Lift und Scala" and is
written by Thomas Fiedler and Christoph Knabe.
It is characterized by the fact, that there is a sample eMail
application, which serves as the source for nearly all examples in the
book. The application is of production quality with a JUnit test
suite. The code snippets in the text are automatically extracted from
the application and the test suite. This ensures an unequaled
correctness of the examples. The technical base is Lift 2.2 and Scala
2.8.

To the book: http://www.shaker.de/de/content/catalogue/index.asp?lang=de&ID=8&ISBN=978-3-8322-9824-1

To the sample application: http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/liftbuchcode

I did not find, who manages http://www.liftweb.net/
Could this one insert a link to the book's web page mentioned above
into the lower right corner beneath the books "Exploring Lift" and
"Lift in Action", please?

Thank you very much. I am looking forward to your comments.

Good bye,

Christoph

David Pollak

Mar 7, 2011, 6:52:07 AM3/7/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Christoph,

Congratulations on publishing your book. If I buy a copy, will you autograph it for me?

We'll get a reference to it up on the Lift site in the next few days (I'm traveling right now and have very limited time and some of the other committers are also on tight schedules.)

Once again congratulations!!

David

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Blog: http://goodstuff.im
Surf the harmonics

Mads Hartmann Jensen

Mar 7, 2011, 7:08:56 AM3/7/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations to both of you!

I've added your book to the site and it should show up soon :)

David Pollak

Mar 7, 2011, 7:28:10 AM3/7/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 4:08 AM, Mads Hartmann Jensen <mad...@gmail.com> wrote:
Congratulations to both of you!

I've added your book to the site and it should show up soon :)

It's there... thanks for adding it!

Marcus Denison

Mar 7, 2011, 11:03:47 AM3/7/11
to Lift
Hey,

Congratulations!
Since it is in german, I will be reading this one for sure :)!

And *thumbs up* for your course "Objektorientiert-Funktionale
Programmierung mit Scala".
Always good to see that Scala is taught in universities! :)!

Greetings,

Marcus

On Mar 7, 12:39 pm, Christoph Knabe <kn...@beuth-hochschule.de> wrote:
> At shaker.de appeared the first german book about Lift. It has the
> title "Entwicklung von Web-Applikationen mit Lift und Scala" and is
> written by Thomas Fiedler and Christoph Knabe.
> It is characterized by the fact, that there is a sample eMail
> application, which serves as the source for nearly all examples in the
> book. The application is of production quality with a JUnit test
> suite. The code snippets in the text are automatically extracted from
> the application and the test suite. This ensures an unequaled
> correctness of the examples. The technical base is Lift 2.2 and Scala
> 2.8.
>
> To the book:http://www.shaker.de/de/content/catalogue/index.asp?lang=de&ID=8&ISBN...
>
> To the sample application:http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/liftbuchcode
>
> I did not find, who manageshttp://www.liftweb.net/

Christoph Knabe

Mar 8, 2011, 11:16:17 AM3/8/11
to Lift
@David, @Mads, and @Marcus

Thanks for your congratulations.
It is really encouraging, if you see, that others appreciate your
work.
May be we germans do not do it so often, as it would be good.

@Mads

And thanks for putting a link to the book's page onto liftweb.net.

Christoph