logging user actions

Lukasz Kuczera

Feb 9, 2011, 3:59:42 AM2/9/11
to Lift
Hi Lifters.
I came across requirement to log all user actions which is quite
common AFAIK. Have you done something similar in Lift ? Can you share
your experiences how to implement it.

David Pollak

Feb 9, 2011, 8:34:31 AM2/9/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com

I think this would make a good addition to ProtoUser.  Can you open a ticket for it?

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Blog: http://goodstuff.im
Surf the harmonics

Peter Robinett

Feb 9, 2011, 10:09:22 AM2/9/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lukasz, I have actually done something to log generic actions and have written a long blog post about my thinking. In the Lift app in which I used it I had case classes that represented specific types of events and they all inherited from a common trait that had some logic to convert them to instances of a generic Mapper event model. The model, of course, could convert in  the other direction.

I can't say it's the best approach but I like it. I'd be happy to share some of my code if you're interested.

Peter

Lukasz Kuczera

Feb 10, 2011, 6:07:40 AM2/10/11
to Lift
David I'll open ticket.

Peter thanks for sharing your solution I do like it.

On Feb 9, 4:09 pm, Peter Robinett <pe...@bubblefoundry.com> wrote:
> Hi Lukasz, I have actually done something to log generic actions and have
> written a long blog post about my thinking<http://www.bubblefoundry.com/blog/2010/08/grammar-based-event-logging/>.

Peter Robinett

Feb 10, 2011, 6:31:27 AM2/10/11
to lif...@googlegroups.com